Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Purchase Foul or HR Ball in the stands

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Thanks joelsabi-yeah,but he really still gets mad,so when i do it,i have to prepare to be hit by him.And you're right,i bet as soon as my brother left hi,he was regretting doing it.I think he thought cause my brother offered so much,that it was worth something,and it was,to my brother.I can bet you anything the guy does'nt even know where it is now.Where my brother would have treasured it.Unlike what micheal douglas said in the movie "wall street","greed is good"is not always true quote=joelsabi;143140]great story. its always nice to able to have a memory that ribs a brother. i bet the other guy is regretting not taking that $300 now.
    [/quote]

That happened on one of my trades at New Comiskey Park, as my offer to a mom and her 4 kids for a Juan Gonzalez home run (she had 4 kids) was initially rejected by the mom under such pretenses. Fortunately, she gave in when the kids whined about not each having a baseball as opposed to sharing only one.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Re: Purchase Foul or HR Ball in the stands

sox83cubs84-How much did you offer for the ball? I just think the $300 my brother offered was pretty good for a molitor home run ball.You figure getting game used baseballs was not that big of a collectible back then.And to us being kids,we thought that was alot of money and we really thought the guy would go for it,not to mention my brother explained to the guy what a big molly fan he was and how much the ball would mean to him.It takes a real peice of work to not sell the ball after being offered that and being told that.All i know if i was at a game and someone offered me that much money for a ball,(if it was from a player i didnt like) i would have no problem selling it to them,not to mention if i knew they were a fan of the player.

That happened on one of my trades at New Comiskey Park, as my offer to a mom and her 4 kids for a Juan Gonzalez home run (she had 4 kids) was initially rejected by the mom under such pretenses. Fortunately, she gave in when the kids whined about not each having a baseball as opposed to sharing only one.

Dave M.
    Chicago area[/quote]