sox83cubs84-How much did you offer for the ball? I just think the $300 my brother offered was pretty good for a molitor home run ball.You figure getting game used baseballs was not that big of a collectible back then.And to us being kids,we thought that was alot of money and we really thought the guy would go for it,not to mention my brother explained to the guy what a big molly fan he was and how much the ball would mean to him.It takes a real peice of work to not sell the ball after being offered that and being told that.All i know if i was at a game and someone offered me that much money for a ball,(if it was from a player i didnt like) i would have no problem selling it to them,not to mention if i knew they were a fan of the player.

That happened on one of my trades at New Comiskey Park, as my offer to a mom and her 4 kids for a Juan Gonzalez home run (she had 4 kids) was initially rejected by the mom under such pretenses. Fortunately, she gave in when the kids whined about not each having a baseball as opposed to sharing only one.

Dave M.
Chicago area[/quote]