Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Angry Outraged With American Memorabilia!!!!!

DEAR MEMBERS I AM STATING THIS AS A FACTUAL SITUTATION THAT JUST OCCURED AND I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO USE THEM OR NOT TO USE THEM BUT AFTER THIS I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE BID OR BUY ANYTHING FROM AMERICAN MEMORABILIA!!!

( I apologize to any member in advance if anything i say bothers anyone / please understand i am pissed as i am writing this and trying to keep my composure from cursing )

I just called A/M spoke with someone named Jim about the Dave Winfield hat. He says to me do you plan on doing business with us I said it is a possiblity, he says then I have nothing to say to you and I will not answer any of your questions. He said if lou lampson authenticates it and he stands behind then it's real, ( saying all this to me with an attitude / and mind you i was polite when i asked him ) then says to me ( with attitude ) SEE YA AND HANGS UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!

Is this some kind of joke? cuz im not laughing

Re: Outraged With American Memorabilia!!!!!

INCREDIBLE! WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS!

When you have companies that care about people like Vintage and Mastro, AM shouldnt be around too much longer.

Suave-

A few questions-

Did they ask you your name?

Did they ask if you were a registered bidder?

Have you had any trouble with them before?

Is this the person who answered the phone, or were you transferred to him?

Was it literally as quick a conversation as you described?

Did you mention anything about how people were questioning it on the forum?

What I can't get my head around here is- what made them so sure they didn't want your business?

Eric

Banned

TO ERIC

No they did not ask my name

They did ask if i was a registered bidder

I spoke with someone once before regarding a different matter.

This is the person who answered the phone. he told me to speak to him.

Yes it was a quick conversation as described before i could say anything else he hung up on me.

I didnt get a chance to mention that the item was being questioned, only gave him my question pertainig to the item.

Banned

Eric-
    As I stated in my previous posts, I have been both a consignor and bidder with all of the major auction houses over the last 20 years. I can assure you that from both a bidders standpoint and consignors, that American Memorabila is the absolute WORST in the industry.

From a consignors standpoint, payments were always late. When questioned, I was told that my check was in the mail, however, weeks passed and after 60 days of not being paid, I had to phone again. Trying to get my 18 month old daughter to eat her green beans is an easier task than getting a legit answer on the status of payments from American Memorabilia.

Likewise, I had a reduced consignment rate of 10% (as compared to the standard 15% charged to the general public). My consignment checks often reflected a 15% rate, thus, I had to contact AM, and again, wait for the difference to be paid.

From a buyers standpoint, I experienced the same type of problems as described above. Rude, inexperienced individuals who basically told me that the item had a LOA, and that's all I needed to know. When items appeared to be fake, and I asked for additional info to determine if there was a slight chance that the photo or info was incorrect, I was told to rely on the Lampson or Lon Lewis LOA.

I have been active in the hobby since 1982. As noted, I have never had worse experiences with any auction house as those with American Memorabila. As such, I will never consign or bid with them again.

End of story.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Ok, I did some homework - I would suggest next time you wish to contact an auction house about am item, it would make sense to be a registered bidder otherwise you may find yourself hung up on.

Not how I would run my business, but then again, I kissed everyone's ass when I was answering the phone years ago. I maybe should have been harder on the people who called to question if my UDA Jordan autographs were authentic.

As for Howard's' comments above, I received my check from their last auction early, about 15 days early. I believe last auction everyone was paid early.

Maybe they are changing their payment methods?

Banned

Trsent wait a minute your saying i should be a registered bidder are you serious?

What if i was about to become a registered bidder? What about just being a plain old potential customer.

In all my years of business have i ever heard of treating potential customers rude!!! to become successful - is that how Bill Gates made his billions noooooooo, is that how Sony made theres noooooooo.
    So I guess then your saying American Memorabilia should reinvent the wheel?

I didnt question them in a nasty way, i just simply asked about the item in a polite way and that they had 2 different ones posted.

Banned

Yes, you questioned them after they were questioned on this forum, so I assume they took a policy that they were not going to put up with GUU users' general policy to publically embarass them every time their name come up on this forum.

I don't agree with hanging up on a customer, but you called after the post was made, so they may have decided to not put up with forum member's constant picking on their company.

I cannot defend them for hanging up on a customer, but I can understand why only one major auction house replies to comments on these forums (other than the million sellers on eBay who may or may not respond) because the auction houses are not given a fair chance on this forum.

End of story, sorry you were hung up on, call me if you want and I won't hang up on you.

Banned

Trsent you keep saying well since they saw the post how do you expect them to react, how do you know they saw the post it has only been up here for about an hour or 2.

Do you work for American Memorbilia?
    Are you the one checking for them like a spy?

Did you report to them that the post was made?

I just find it funny how in such a short time that the post has been up you seem so sure that they have seen it and that is why they are reacting that way!!!

Come on now. Let's take a breath here and not let this escalate. We have had a nice run without the fighting. Probably best to keep that streak going.
    Eric