Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Mastro - 2006 Shaquille O'Neal Finals jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Joel,

Although I know you weren't necessarily asking the question, MeiGray goes to incredible lengths to authenticate jerseys not originally from them and stands behind it.

There was a situation recently involving a Mike Bossy NY Islanders jersey that was submitted for authentication. Barry and Stu Oxenhorn managed to borrow over 1,000 negatives of Mike Bossy from the time period in question to analyze in an attempt to match the name and number fonts in addition to the wear patterns.

(Kind of makes an alleged 8,000 photo library look like crap, huh?)
    So is The MeiGray Group now accepting submissions of game used items that they will certify? I have always like their operation, but I never heard they will accept jerseys and write letters on them.

If this is the case, please email me a link to the information about this on their web site. I may be interested in using their service somewhere down the road. I cannot find anything about it on their web site.

"I have a person on my staff who will monitor various game used forums to make sure we are more attentive to issues that arise regarding items in our auction." - Doug Allen, Aug 2007 after the Jordan shirt debacle.

the O'Neal auction is still running, with no changes to the description, and 1 bid. the individual who's supposed to be monitoring various game used forums is doing a bang up job. A+ for attentiveness. as well, the 1994 griffey is still up.

i sent emails a long time ago but never received a response. perhaps mastro is distracted with the current FBI investigation.

rudy.

Rudy....

if i knew the FBI was talking about me, I'd be scared tie my own shoes....

complete idiots

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    So is The MeiGray Group now accepting submissions of game used items that they will certify? I have always like their operation, but I never heard they will accept jerseys and write letters on them.

If this is the case, please email me a link to the information about this on their web site. I may be interested in using their service somewhere down the road. I cannot find anything about it on their web site.
    Nathan, no response to this request? I figured the link to the information to back up your post to show where MeiGray is accepting item to authenticate would really be neat to see.

This will help prove your claim about a 8000 photo library looking like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Nathan, no response to this request? I figured the link to the information to back up your post to show where MeiGray is accepting item to authenticate would really be neat to see.

This will help prove your claim about a 8000 photo library looking like crap.

I can't seem to find a link, but they do offer the service...it is not cheap, but it is done the way that it should be done...their process is awesome!!!

You should call Barry and he'll tell ya all about it

just look what a Meigray letter means vs a Lampson letter...Lebron James in VA's auction sells for $10 K with a Meigray letter...with a Lampson letter it'd be lucky to get $1 K...Obviously most collectors are smart enough to realize that a Meigray letter actually means something

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    I can't seem to find a link, but they do offer the service...it is not cheap, but it is done the way that it should be done...their process is awesome!!!

You should call Barry and he'll tell ya all about it

just look what a Meigray letter means vs a Lampson letter...Lebron James in VA's auction sells for $10 K with a Meigray letter...with a Lampson letter it'd be lucky to get $1 K...Obviously most collectors are smart enough to realize that a Meigray letter actually means something
    So wait, MeiGray is now authenticating 3rd party items? I wish they would put this on their web site, as it could be a great service to compete with what MEARS offers.

Hi Joel,

Sorry, I missed your follow-up post to mine.

I don't believe MeiGray has the information on their website, but I'm sure Barry Meisel (bmeisel [at] meigray [dot] com) or Stu Oxenhorn (soxenhorn [at] meigray [dot] com) would be happy to answer your questions.

I know they do a ton of hockey authenticating, but I'm not so sure on other sports.

And since I was at the MeiGray expo last month, observing Stu churning through thousands of pictures and standing next to enormous cabinets stuffed with various media of hundreds (if not thousands) of games from various time periods, I'm fairly comfortable stating that it makes Lampson's alleged 8,000 picture library look like nothing.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Hi Joel,

Sorry, I missed your follow-up post to mine.

I don't believe MeiGray has the information on their website, but I'm sure Barry Meisel (bmeisel [at] meigray [dot] com) or Stu Oxenhorn (soxenhorn [at] meigray [dot] com) would be happy to answer your questions.

I know they do a ton of hockey authenticating, but I'm not so sure on other sports.

And since I was at the MeiGray expo last month, observing Stu churning through thousands of pictures and standing next to enormous cabinets stuffed with various media of hundreds (if not thousands) of games from various time periods, I'm fairly comfortable stating that it makes Lampson's alleged 8,000 picture library look like nothing.
    Great! We are on the same page, I though the 8000 picture quote was a shot at MEARS. I was never considering Lou Lampson in my discussion, since I do not believe he accepts public submissions.

MeiGray does have an authentication service and if they give it the thumbs up it can also be registered into their system; they are top notch to deal with

also extremely professional as well