X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

Re: Question on new classified

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
    ok, inquiring minds want to know...how is the weather on the planet you are from?

As I peer out over the Seattle sunset, I take in the beauty of the scenery. I am from planet Earth.

What GUF are YOU reading for you to say that there isnt enough information about Lou certifying bad items?
    I said "recent" information. From what I've read on here, there is enough information to make a judgment that Lampson has certified many questionable items. The problem is that most of this information is months old. The amount of Lampson jokes far outnumber the many authentication mistakes he has made. And I don't think they are beneficial to the hobby. That's all I said.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by frikativ54
      [/b]

As I peer out over the Seattle sunset, I take in the beauty of the scenery. I am from planet Earth.

[b]

I said "recent" information. From what I've read on here, there is enough information to make a judgment that Lampson has certified many questionable items. The problem is that most of this information is months old. The amount of Lampson jokes far outnumber the many authentication mistakes he has made. And I don't think they are beneficial to the hobby. That's all I said.
      So because no one has caught him today, that gives him a clean slate? Please.

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

So because no one has caught him today, that gives him a clean slate? Please.
        That's not what I'm saying at all; Lou Lampson has a track-record of being unscrupulous in his authentication of game-used items. The point is that this forum was formed for the education of the game-used community. However, it is fast becoming a clique of guys who like to make jokes at the expense of certain authenticators, while giving free passes to some of the shady dealers with "senior member" status on the Game Used Forums.
        Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
          • Oct 2005

it is fast becoming a clique of guys who like to make jokes at the expense of certain authenticators, while giving free passes to some of the shady dealers with "senior member" status on the Game Used Forums.

Please identify the shady dealers and provide proof of their shady dealings. If you can provide this, perhaps the GU community here will ask for their removal. Dont hesitate, you opened the door, name the names.

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

Please identify the shady dealers and provide proof of their shady dealings. If you can provide this, perhaps the GU community here will ask for their removal. Dont hesitate, you opened the door, name the names.
            You need only look through past threads. I cannot name names or give proof, because I would be violating confidence.
            Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• frikativ54
              • Dec 2007

You need only look through past threads. I cannot name names or give proof, because I would be violating confidence.
              And for the dealer whose name has never come up, he should count himself lucky. Because I would be violating confidence as well if I name names.
              Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                • Oct 2005

Comment

• trsent
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                  You are giving a small portion of what a group that has voiced their opinion want only with regards to the "For Sale" section.

I thought you were going to give a broader insight into what the GUU collecting community wants.

GUF is so much more than the "For Sale".

As a dealer, I am prohibited from listing on the "For Sale". I understand that Chris wants the "For Sale" to be for Collector to Collector not Dealer to Collector. Its his site.
                  I do not understand the dealer terminology not being allowed to list items in this new forum. I already see a dealer selling in this group and I do not know when the powers will remove their listing as the promised they would when a dealer posts in this forum.

Then again, don't some dealers have items in their personal collection they may wish to sell?

This was a bad decision in my opinion. Since there is already at least one dealer posting in this section, when will something be done or will this policy not be enforced?

I just do not understand how the listings will be policed for dealer and non-dealer activities and why it should matter if honest people are using this group.

Comment

• chakes89
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by sylbry
                    The GUU collecting community also wants you to stop your bitching.

Chris Cavelier & Co pay the bills. They can do whatever they want. End of story.
                    I second this statement
                    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by trsent

I just do not understand how the listings will be policed for dealer and non-dealer activities and why it should matter if honest people are using this group.
                      OK...I agree with Joel. Yeah, I said it. I'm not afraid to admit it.

As for Frik..DUUUUDE! You are a Game Used Forum Legend! You're right up there with Rocco, James Rast and that guy who called himself Pujols, then changed his name to young gameused collector, then ISU fan, then was banned, then called out this forum and its moderators on eBay in a Pujols jersey auction. On one of your latest posts, I chose to take the high road and offer you some words of encouragement. Slow down homes! You're about to crash and burn! I'm not trying to clown you, I think you're a good guy with some issues. As Eric Burdon and War said: "Why Can't We Be Friends?" I know, I know you're against war, but that's just the name of the band. If I see a post that deserves 5 replys and it has 27....I think to myself, "oh heck, what has Frik done now?"

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                        Paid Users
                        • Jan 1970

Dealers often say that Game Used Universe overlooks when its own senior members sell questionable items.
                        Leslie,

What the heck are you talking about? We are the only company I know of that allows potential buyers to publicly ask questions about items they are interested in and we allow anyone from the collective community with substantiated information to respond so collectors can know everything they want to know before buying an item. The way our system is set up, there is no way we can "overlook questionable items". In fact, it is likely the most accountable system in the hobby and one that protects collectors unlike any other. Your comment is simply not true.

To be very honest, it seems your only purpose in coming here to the site is to try to discredit us for whatever reason. However, there are at least two problems with what you are doing. They include:

1) The information you are posting is incorrect. For example, I am personally at the grass roots and I have heard more times then you can imagine how collectors value what we are doing and trust us as much, if not more, than just about any entity in the hobby. The FBI even commended us for the way we are running our business and said they use this site to help them get information about the hobby. Your comments to try to discredit us are simply not true and unfounded.

2) I have spoken with quite a few very knowledgeable collectors (including quite a few at the National) who told me they love the site and read the forum but will not post because they don't want to have to debate with negative posters like you. Personally, I have relationships with these collectors and can ask them for information whenever I need it. The problem is the constant negativity from people like you is preventing knowledgeable people from posting and depriving the other members of the forum the knowledge other collectors would be willing to share otherwise.

If you don't like us or the forum then please feel free to go elsewhere. Besides the fact that your posts are constantly pushing the forum rules regarding personal attacks and baiting, you are actually a factor in preventing other forum members from benefiting from even more potential knowledge being shared here. If you want to help the others here, either start trying to share useful information that benefits the community or please find another place to complain.

On a separate note, for those wanting to know why the collector to collector forum is set up as it is, here is a post explaining it for you:

Christopher Cavalier
                        Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• bigtruck260
                          • Sep 2007

And for the dealer whose name has never come up, he should count himself lucky. Because I would be violating confidence as well if I name names.
                          Yo Frik -

For the amount of complaining you do about GUU, you sure like posting in the forum. I am guessing that there is a part of you that is bitter - and looking for confrontation from someone somewhere.

You use big words that are not necessary to get your point across. They do not make you sound any more educated than other members...everyone with a computer has access to a thesaurus.

I think that if I were you, and I had the attitude you appear to have about this site - I would have no problem naming the names of the members who are "scammers", etc. You might as well, lately it seems like you are TRYING to get booted. Every other post or thread you make is something to do with the powers that be here.

I like you Frik, you do contribute - and I know you are a passionate fan/collector. However, the confrontational posting is becoming tiresome.
                          If you don't like the site, try going to another Game Used site that offers a forum such as this one.

Peace...I hope you eventually find it.
                          Your friend in St. Louis,
                          Dave
                          Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                          River City Redbird Authentics
                          http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                            • Oct 2005

Motley Crue said it best.......

Dont go away mad......
                            Just go away

Comment

• frikativ54
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by bigtruck260
                              Yo Frik -

For the amount of complaining you do about GUU, you sure like posting in the forum. I am guessing that there is a part of you that is bitter - and looking for confrontation from someone somewhere.
                              I am extremely frustrated. In several threads, I have stated the reasons why I am bitter, and I am repeatedly mocked on this site. For example, I am concerned about the poor business ethics of some on this forum, and I am derided as some Leftist hippie whacko who plays protest music. I am a political moderate, and yet Warren tells me that I am against all wars and makes social activist references I don't even understand.

In truth, I am a political activist, and I do see connections between some of what is written about Game Used Collecting and politics. This board is far more conservative than I am, and it can be frustrating, in that what you believe is good business, to me is unethical. I have a big problem with flipping, especially if you are ripping off an unsuspecting buyer. And I don't believe that just because a business can do something, that it is the right thing to do.

You use big words that are not necessary to get your point across. They do not make you sound any more educated than other members...everyone with a computer has access to a thesaurus.
                              I have never once used a Thesaurus when posting here. I state my ideas in the words that come to my mind. If the way they are formulated bothers you, then I have no panacea.

I think that if I were you, and I had the attitude you appear to have about this site - I would have no problem naming the names of the members who are "scammers", etc. You might as well, lately it seems like you are TRYING to get booted. Every other post or thread you make is something to do with the powers that be here.
                              I am between a rock and a hard place. If I state names, my threads will be deleted and called "personal attacks". Yet I am seriously concerned, because there are people on this forum who have been selling bad items, and they get away with it. And there are others like Lou Lampson who are constantly lampooned, even though they haven't done much questionable lately.

Peace...I hope you eventually find it.
                              Your friend in St. Louis,
                              I hope I find it soon. This hobby has really been an introduction to the dark side of business for me.
                              Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• frikativ54
                                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ChrisCavalier
                                Leslie,

To be very honest, it seems your only purpose in coming here to the site is to try to discredit us for whatever reason.
                                Have you read many of my other posts? I have done far more than discredit this forum. Matter of fact, I have not even discredited this forum at all; I just am concerned with some of the things that have happened here in the last 10 days. I did not complain about GUU at any time previous to AWA85's banning, and it is only in the past 10 days that I have heard some disturbing stories about GUU. As for my contributions to this forum, I often post asking questions, reply to others' want ads, or exposing forgers and scammers (remember manica71). Furthermore, through my persistence, I have influenced the way that MLB.com Auctions ships lineup cards, and they have also promised to improve their customer service. I have also stood up to sexism on this board, which I view is an invaluable contribution.

1) The information you are posting is incorrect. For example, I am personally at the grass roots and I have heard more times then you can imagine how collectors value what we are doing and trust us as much, if not more, than just about any entity in the hobby. The FBI even commended us for the way we are running our business and said they use this site to help them get information about the hobby. Your comments to try to discredit us are simply not true and unfounded.
                                Would you tell us if people said any different?

2) I have spoken with quite a few very knowledgeable collectors (including quite a few at the National) who told me they love the site and read the forum but will not post because they don't want to have to debate with negative posters like you. Personally, I have relationships with these collectors and can ask them for information whenever I need it. The problem is the constant negativity from people like you is preventing knowledgeable people from posting and depriving the other members of the forum the knowledge other collectors would be willing to share otherwise.
                                Did people at the National actually tell you that frikativ54 was their reason for not posting on Game Used Universe? I highly doubt it. You have constructed a world where everybody who critiques this website is seen as against the noble ideas of Game Used Universe. I have done a lot for this site with my attention to detail, willingness to ask questions, and going to bat for the collector.

My problem is that critiques of forum policies and members business practices only result in ad hominem attacks against me. I get made fun of on this board, and yet I am the one who is accused of personal attacks. I just don't understand it. I simply would like to rid the collecting community of those who just want to make a quick buck, and for that, I am vilified. Furthermore, I am attacked because of my negativity. However, I am only reporting my true experiences in this hobby.

Instead of accusing me of not making contributions to this board, why not answer my questions about when AWA85 is going to be reinstated? Why not refrain from deleting my posts when I am concerned about certain forum members' business practices?

The problem is that I am left in a position of either expressing generall anger or getting censured because I expose the fact that certain dealers are out only for profits.
                                Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

Working...