Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Question on new classified

Could the administrators please explain the thinking behind the $500.00 limit on the items posted in the for sale section? I personally was disappointed to see this.

Roger

Re: Question on new classified

Unfortunately, the powers that be are more concerned with their "good name", than they are with what the GUU collecting community wants. This is ironic because Game Used Universe does not have a very good name outside of this website, where the initiated constantly extol Chris Cavalier, et al. at every juncture. In short, GUU is afraid of being held responsible for larger dollar transactions. Moreover, GUU is becoming a wannabe auction house. Instead of posting a big ticket item for sale, you will have to send it in, and the "expert authenticators" will certify it in the name of the omnicient entity that is GUU. Then you will know with 110% certitude that your memorabilia is authentic.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Unfortunately, the powers that be are more concerned with their "good name", than they are with what the GUU collecting community wants. This is ironic because Game Used Universe does not have a very good name outside of this website, where the initiated constantly extol Chris Cavalier, et al. at every juncture. In short, GUU is afraid of being held responsible for larger dollar transactions. Moreover, GUU is becoming a wannabe auction house. Instead of posting a big ticket item for sale, you will have to send it in, and the "expert authenticators" will certify it in the name of the omnicient entity that is GUU. Then you will know with 110% certitude that your memorabilia is authentic.

Wow frik, you just keep pissing into the wind....nice to see that you have heeded the advice of those trying to help you out.

Unfortunately, the powers that be are more concerned with their "good name", than they are with what the GUU collecting community wants.
    Frik - You made a bold statement above so tell us, what does the GUU collecting community want?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Frik - You made a bold statement above so tell us, what does the GUU collecting community want?
    a $5 footlong from Subway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    From reading this site, a good number of people just want the old "for sale" section back. Everybody voiced their opinions, and the majority don't like the arbitrary $500 limit. And many agreed with me that dealers should be allowed to post their blow-out sales here. It seems as if a few of you aren't reading the same forum I am reading.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

It seems as if a few of you aren't reading the same forum I am reading.
    You are giving a small portion of what a group that has voiced their opinion want only with regards to the "For Sale" section.

I thought you were going to give a broader insight into what the GUU collecting community wants.

GUF is so much more than the "For Sale".

As a dealer, I am prohibited from listing on the "For Sale". I understand that Chris wants the "For Sale" to be for Collector to Collector not Dealer to Collector. Its his site.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I dont see a "huge" problem with the $500 limit. At least there is a section now, right? My opinion, not only the limit for security purposes, but it also could make you give in to sending your high end items($500+) for GUU future auctions.

I personally dont care whether or not if we have a "For Sale" section. And I def. dont care about the rules that go along with it. I just had a problem with how it was handled. The wait, the deadlines that werent fulfilled, the new system they were testing for months to only throw all away for what we have now in a 3 day span. Like I said, I just didnt like how the whole thing was handled. Maybe in a more professional manner?

Security purposes? Sure!

Another way of saying, hey, send your high end items our way for our future GUU auctions? Perhaps

I gave my opinion, like everyone else does. I respect yours, please respect mine.

Unfortunately, the powers that be are more concerned with their "good name", than they are with what the GUU collecting community wants.
    The GUU collecting community also wants you to stop your bitching.

Chris Cavelier & Co pay the bills. They can do whatever they want. End of story.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Unfortunately, the powers that be are more concerned with their "good name", than they are with what the GUU collecting community wants. This is ironic because Game Used Universe does not have a very good name outside of this website, where the initiated constantly extol Chris Cavalier, et al. at every juncture.
    Frk, WHERE exactly does GUU NOT have a good name? Everyone I've ever met at shows, email discussions, etc. have nothing but praise for this board and the information it passes on and the fraud it exposes. I would think the only people that wouldn't think highly of GUU would be the Grey Flannels, Heritages, AMI's and Lou Lampsons of the world (is that your circle of friends?).