Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bogus Pats Gamer on the Bay

Besides the obvious signs that this jersey was bought in the pro shop, I don't remeber Tebucky Jones wearing a throwback jersey in that game!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

Unfortunatly, eBay will do nothing to get rid of losers like this!

Banned

Re: Bogus Pats Gamer on the Bay

Quote Originally Posted by stew609
    I am just wondering, is there a chance the seller was really given the jersey by the player and they think they have something real? It is always a real question of when someone is doctoring an item or they are unknowingly selling an item that may not be authentic.

My favorite story (I have told it too many times) is when Bobby Cox was supposed to give me 10 game used jerseys of players of my choice. The McGwire and the Maddux were good, the other eight were store model jerseys. I caught them immediately, but what if he had sent them to someone who isn't an expert arm-chair authenticator such as me?

Before you jump down the guy's throat- have you contacted the seller?
    I think it is a possibility he doesn't have what he THINKS he has. I don't know the guy but it might be worth contacting him and telling him the style is from at the latest 1999 and not 2001 and giving him your evidence that you think it's a retail jersey.

I understand it is the seller's responsibility to properly identify what they are selling, but there is a possibility he does not know what tagging should look like and just took someone's word for it.
    I think care has to be taken before coming on a forum and calling someone a loser.
    My two cents
    Eric

Besides the obvious signs that this jersey was bought in the pro shop, I don't remeber Tebucky Jones wearing a throwback jersey in that game!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

I have contacted the buyer as I believe that it may not be their jersey. They sella wide variety of items and have no bad feedback. I told them about the style change also, they have not responded yet.

I don't intend to "Jump down their throat", just inform them and hope they change the description to accurately reflect the jersey.

I thought this forum was to inform other collectors of good and bad items on auction sites? If I have broken any rules, I apologize.

I thought this forum was to inform other collectors of good and bad items on auction sites? If I have broken any rules, I apologize.
    It is about informing each other, however before going on a public forum and calling someone a "loser" it's the right thing to contact them in case there's any explanation

Please let us know what the seller says
    Thanks
    Eric

I apologize for the premature "loser" comment too.

Still on, still no reply to emails.

Finally a response to emails.

Again we are an ebay consignment store im just going on the info our cystomer gave me....if you dont like it dont bid. And it says at the bottom of the auction that the info may not be correct.

Banned

Finally a response to emails.

Again we are an ebay consignment store im just going on the info our cystomer gave me....if you dont like it dont bid. And it says at the bottom of the auction that the info may not be correct.
    I need to find this consignment shop, I have some items I'd like them to sell for me. I wonder if eBay approves of such terms.

Let's see, you could list a 1909 S VDB Penny and when the buyer receives their penny it is a 1909 Plain VDB, but you said in your description that the info may not be correct, so you are off the hook?

Nice abuse of the system I'd say.

I just wanted to point out one other key feature to Patriot jerseys of that era. The letters / numbers are made by CustomCrafted of Attleboro, MA and there is a stamped image of their logo on the inside of one of the front numbers along with the year and set number.

You may want to ask the seller if this exists. I have never seen a gamer in this style and era without the stamp (usually blue ink).

Mike