Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Dave Kingman Bat Records

Hi Bob--

In Kingman's factory records from 1970 through 1996 there is no documention of any Model S188 Kingman bats having been sent to him at any time. From 1982 to 1996 the records also show bats sent to other "customers" such as Baseball Promotions, Baseball Miscellaneous, and other promotional companies. In Kingman's records, again, there is no documentation of any orders ofKingman S188 bats going to any destination.

Mike

Bob,

JT Sports has a Kingman bat on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dave-Kingman-Gam...QQcmdZViewItem

Hi Bob --

Just for info, the bat referenced above that is listed on Ebay is from the 1980 - 1983 H & B labeling period, specifically dated to 1980 as the only year during that period that Kingman wore uniform Number 10 (Chicago Cubs.) The bat matches H & B factory records for four shipments in early 1980 as follows:

S2 36 inches 34 ounces (one shipment was 34 1/2 ounces)

All orders had Flame Treated finish, cupped ends (S2C), and a request to "mark weights."

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike

Odd Mike - because I have a Kingman S188 on my bat rack. Bought it from Ballpark Heroes a few years ago. Any idea where it would have come from - maybe a promo bat or something??

Thanks for the info on the Kong bat. I will pass it along to some collector pals. S2 was Dave's regular bat, and I have that model. Dave wore #10 all 3 years with Cubs and a year and a half with Oakland for 1 reason: Billy Williams was coaching those years on those teams and had his 26. When Billy left mid 85 Dave reclaimed it.