Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Re: Dunn Traded To D-Backs

I guess it was only a matter of time...

Re: Dunn Traded To D-Backs

Awesome. The Reds deal another one of their stars for some scrubs. This guy Jocketty is doing a real bang up job.

I was going to start a similar thread. I've followed Dunn for years, and like Dave Kingman, feel he is underrated. You seldom here his name. The trade just garnered about 15 seconds on ESPN...

Reds have been looking to deal him for years. Were not winning with he or Griffey, so I guess it is safe to say the rebuilding stage has begun. Does anybody think Dunn will be in AZ in 2009, or is this a rent-a-player?? He should fair well in that park, great all around for Dunn. He's been slumping of late, so we'll hope the change of scenary will do him well. I'll be on the lookout for a Diamondbacks bat now!

Banned

Bob,

How's it going buddy? There is a Dunn game used jersey on Ebay now with a team LOA and also a Sunday red one on MLB.com for you if you're interested....

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Reds have been looking to deal him for years. Were not winning with he or Griffey, so I guess it is safe to say the rebuilding stage has begun.
    Rebuilding again?? Wasn't that their intention back in 05/06 when they traded Sean Casey, Austin Kearns, Felipe Lopez, Ryan Wagner, etc.? How many times are you going to clean house only to not get any results?

I am soooo happy that this trade is done.

I was afraid that the Nationals were trying for him.

Living outside Detroit, Cin. isn't really close to me. From the outside looking in it just appears they are rebuilding. Vintage, I am surprised you would not want him in WA, but I'd bet there are not too many AZ fans disappointed tonight as Dunn will bat 4th Tuesday evening in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Living outside Detroit, Cin. isn't really close to me. From the outside looking in it just appears they are rebuilding. Vintage, I am surprised you would not want him in WA, but I'd bet there are not too many AZ fans disappointed tonight as Dunn will bat 4th Tuesday evening in CO.
    His 32 HR's are inviting, but we have had our share of Washingtion Reds who failed miserably (Wily Mo Pena, Felipe Lopez, et al).

Wow two trades for the Reds out of the blue. We saw Griffey in Chicago the other day. He's still adjusting, like he told Chuck, "It's different not being the "Man" in the clubhouse." He literally didn't know about the trade until it was announced.

It will be interesting to see how he does in Arizona. For us, it's a good thing. We have a very loyal player in a clubhouse that wasn't one of best ones for product usage. So hopefully, he'll hit well and get us some converts. We made some adjustments on the branding of his bats because the thinness of the taper was causing the branding to go too deep. He was cracking the bats through the center brand. I'm hoping moving the CB up an inch will take care of the problem.
    Brian Hillerich