Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Alex Rangers jersey-Barry Meisel help!!

So since it is now proven that this jersey is game issued and was misrepresented should we warn the buyer?

Pretty sloppy from the boys at GF.

I once saw a nice 1988 Jays jersey on Ebay being sold as "game-worn". Of course, my first question to the seller was if it had the Jays COA. He replied that he acquired it from the Jays but didn't have the COA. The jersey, to my eye, didn't appear to have any wear or use so I didn't bid. Now I know why he didn't have the COA.

Barry, any thoughts to putting the database online so anyone (potential buyers, sellers, etc) can type in the inventory number and see the specs on the specific jersey?

Rudy.

Hi Everybody,

Howard, no, we won't release the buyers' identity without permission. We do not know for certain who incorrectly sold/traded/labeled this jersey.

No, Grey Flannel did not check with us.

Thanks for the database suggestion, Rudy. It's something we will consider.

Regards,
    Barry

Banned

Forum readers-

The jersey in question has been relisted on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8782478468

I contacted the winner, and told him to read this actual post on the Forum. As a result, he refused to honor his bid.

I have also contacted the seller and am awaiting a response.

Thanks for the info and providing the history of this shirt, Barry.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

What bothers me is he doesnt accept paypal, i do understand his reasoning that paypal ends up taking a nice chunk but at the same time it leaves the buyer helpless to being ripped off.

The recent re-listing has ended and it has been re-listed for a third time:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8782481969

Why the third re-listing? Why to keep the bidder's IDs private this time around! That'll teach you to stop your meddling Howard. I guess the seller's decision to re-list and intentionally keep the bidder's IDs private this time pretty much tells you their response. Perhaps you can contact Ebay.

You know bothers me? The audacity of Grey Flannel to issue that LOA without having the common sense to contact MeiGray when the inventory number is completely evident. Richie & Andy, does this sound familiar - "you didn't even try".

Now this jersey is floating around out there with a garbage LOA and void of the original MeiGray paperwork. What a scheme...buy legit game-issueds from MeiGray, toss the paperwork, turn them into GFC and get an LOA that states it's game-used because they're too clueless to call MeiGray for a confirmation. Presto, instant profit.

Topped off with the idiocy of them telling David Serviss that a GFC LOA is "just as good, if not better" than a MeiGray LOA. The unfortunate part of that is that some people out there may actually believe it.

Rudy.

Banned

Rudy-
    Give Ebay a few minutes and it should be removed.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net