Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rodriguez All Star Uni

It's up on ebay right now if anyone wants to go half with me...

only 54,000 for jersey, pants and hat.

Any takers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Banned

Re: Rodriguez All Star Uni

That's one hell of an agreement Steiner must have with the Yankees! Can someone within the Steiner organization explain how their "exclusive agreement" with the Yankees allows A-Roid to offer this shirt with his LOA (and void of the usual Steiner hologram and paperwork) and bypass the agreement?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    That's one hell of an agreement Steiner must have with the Yankees! Can someone within the Steiner organization explain how their "exclusive agreement" with the Yankees allows A-Roid to offer this shirt with his LOA (and void of the usual Steiner hologram and paperwork) and bypass the agreement?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Rudy made a great post on this in an earlier thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...iner+agreement

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net
    This wasn't a Yankees event, this was a MLB event. So I am guessing MLB supplied the uniforms. Maybe, who knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

i saw this jersey earlier and asked sean mahoney of steiner about it. his response:

"The players are entitled to keep their all star jerseys"

i've no idea why someone with arod's financial resources continues to waste his time making chicken scratch peddling his items through third-party firms. you'd think what precious free time he has would be spent with his daughter rather than conducting memorabilia deals that pay him pocket change.

rudy.

Talking Re: Rodriguez All Star Uni

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net
    Was that typo intentional? Or was it a Freudian slip? Either way, it sure was funny!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

it appears to me that arod wore 2 different jerseys for the 2008 all-star game.

rudy.

$40,000 fake. Great job Rudy on the photo matching...Awesome...I hope you share this info with MVP marketing.
    Aloha, Scott

Banned

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net
    I received an email from Mario Monteleone, President of Aroid's MVP Marketing, noting all of the players every year are allowed to keep their All-Star uniforms. These jerseys are not part of the Yankee-Steiner agreement. He further noted that It's the 1 time of the year he gets the opportunity to get his hands on a jersey.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    it appears to me that arod wore 2 different jerseys for the 2008 all-star game.

rudy.
    Rudy-
    On the Ebay offering, I asked the question if A-Roid wore just one jersey or several for the game, as the offered jersey does not match photos on Getty. Here is the response:
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:16 AM
    To: Howard Wolf
    Subject: RE: You've received a question about your eBay item, Alex Rodriguez Signed AllSt

Howard,

This is the only jersey he wore. It is unwashed and came right off the field. The photo's on getty do not have a close enough picture to be able to see the patches nor the 13.

Mario

FYI
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net