Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Puckett St. Patrick's Day Jersey - Howard Can You Help Me?

I figured Howard is always asking for help, so Howard, can you help me with this jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kirby-Puckett-GU...QQcmdZViewItem

Banned

Re: Puckett St. Patrick's Day Jersey - Howard Can You Help Me?

Joel-
    Unlike the Orioles, the Twins did indeed wear St. Pat's jerseys.

I have had a few in the past, and they were totally different than this version you are seeking info for.

The style I had had screened TWINS on front, not sewn. Likewise, the numbers on back were also screened in white. No sleeve patch. I can't remember the maker, but it was not Wilson. I think it was an "off brand" (Spanjan?)

It is interesting that the jersey in question is Puckett, and not a common.

I suggest you possibly send it to Lou Lampson for his opinion. Based on his keen understanding, knowledge and past experience with rare St. Patrick's jerseys, maybe he can shed some insight on this or better yet, provide you with a LOA if you win it!

Good luck!
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Joel,

I know you didn't ask for my help, but I thought I would tell you my experience. I too have owned one of the Twin's St. Patties Day jerseys. Mine also had ironed on letters and numbers, and had no patches. I sold it several years ago, and I can't remember the manufacturer.

Isn't the jersey made from what the kids today call, "dazzle cloth" or "micro-mesh"? I've never seen a shiney nylon mesh with 80s Wilson tags. The Wilson tag seems very close to the botton hem...
    Did the infamous Ripken St. Pat's jersey come from Coach's Corner?

I believe that all of the Twins St. Patrick's Day Jersey were made by Steichens. Although I am in no way a jersey expert, I am a pretty avid Twins collector and the authetnic examples that I have seen had the name and numbers screened on as well.

Regards,

Andy
    www.vintagebats.com