Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Mr.3000

Pete Rose game used home Reds jersey ('84-'86)

I'm looking to buy a Pete Rose game used home Reds jersey. Circa 1984-1986. I'm hoping to own one by this coming April. I would want one that carries as much provenance with it as possible.

If you know of a collector that has one, and think he may part with it, please help me by putting me in contact with them. If you yourself own one, and may look to part with it, please leave me your email and we can begin discussing a possible deal.

I would not rule out an earlier era Pete Rose Reds gamer ('70's), if it displayed a fair amount of use.

Thank you.

Mr.3000

Re: Pete Rose game used home Reds jersey ('84-'86)

Still looking to own one by this coming spring. Hoping for some help locating one

It is difficult to find a 1984-6 Pete Rose jersey that displays strong use because 1) he played in only 26 games for the Reds in 1984; 2) he seemingly cycled through a large number of home jerseys in 1985; and 3) he played in only 72 games for the Reds in 1986.

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by tacprc View Post
    It is difficult to find a 1984-6 Pete Rose jersey that displays strong use because 1) he played in only 26 games for the Reds in 1984; 2) he seemingly cycled through a large number of home jerseys in 1985; and 3) he played in only 72 games for the Reds in 1986.

That's part of the attraction to those particular years. It may take quite some time to find one, the hunt is part of the thrill An 84-86 is my preference, but I would never be against owning a 73-78 Rose jersey

I've seen a good number of Rose jerseys come up and have passed on them for several reasons, eventually I will find the one I want to purchase, own and display. There's one here on the boards that I am comfortable with, owned by another member. Hopefully he'll decide to sell one day.

Mr.3000

Sorry for the new thread, just found my old one.

Still looking for a Rose game from 84-86. I wouldn't mind one from 73-78 either.

Banned

I just read in one of Rose's books that he wore 9 different Reds jerseys in his record setting game in 1985. By 1985 Rose knew he could sell his stuff for good money and so he did this kind of thing. Compared to other seasons, there are a lot of 1985 home Rose jerseys out there.
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com