Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: OT: Blue Angels Are Amazing

If anyone is ever in Richmond, we have the Virginia Aviation Museum here at the airport. Its easy to find since they have a retired SR-71 Blackbird parked outside.

If anyone is ever in the Dayton, Ohio area, visit the United States Air Force Museum.

It is simply amazing

They have several hangars full of aircraft

They also have a few different presidential Air Force One planes that you can walk through
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

while i was in the navy i went to a school down in pensacola and was able to watch one of their full walk throug practices. we got to sit in bleacher right of the edge of the runway and was able to watch the whole show. it was pretty nice not having to deal with the crowds. there were maybe 20 of us there at the time

Banned

Well went to the SOX game last Thursday and these guys are amazing.
    They parachuted from the jets and landed in the stadium AMAZING.
    Also cant forget the little one with future R.O.Y Alexei Ramirez
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    Well went to the SOX game last Thursday and these guys are amazing.
    They parachuted from the jets and landed in the stadium AMAZING.
    Also cant forget the little one with future R.O.Y Alexei Ramirez
    Team has been in first place most all season. Team has the leading home run hitter in baseball (what?). Team has favorite for Rookie of the Year (.309 BA, 14 Home Runs, 55 RBIs, 9 SB). Team has best manager in baseball. Team has #5 all-time home run hitter. Team has one of the top closers in baseball. Team has most interesting manager in baseball since Billy Martin.

Why is the upper deck in your picture empty? All this town talks about is The Cubs. In fact, I was supposed to go to The White Sox tonight, but I was given Cubs tickets instead for today so now I have to sit outside in the heat and humidity and watch day baseball (wake me up before you go-go) which I am not excited about (but at least Smash Mouth plays across the street tonight).

Let's be honest, The Cubs are amazing right now and should coast into the playoffs. The White Sox have a battle with Minnesota (and Boston for Wild Card berth) but they have pitching and talent. Why does this town worship a team that will collapse before the larger lady takes a tune?

If you reply to this, anyone, please do not use cliché such as "Lovable Losers".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Team has been in first place most all season. Team has the leading home run hitter in baseball (what?). Team has favorite for Rookie of the Year (.309 BA, 14 Home Runs, 55 RBIs, 9 SB). Team has best manager in baseball. Team has #5 all-time home run hitter. Team has one of the top closers in baseball. Team has most interesting manager in baseball since Billy Martin.

Why is the upper deck in your picture empty? All this town talks about is The Cubs. In fact, I was supposed to go to The White Sox tonight, but I was given Cubs tickets instead for today so now I have to sit outside in the heat and humidity and watch day baseball (wake me up before you go-go) which I am not excited about (but at least Smash Mouth plays across the street tonight).

Let's be honest, The Cubs are amazing right now and should coast into the playoffs. The White Sox have a battle with Minnesota (and Boston for Wild Card berth) but they have pitching and talent. Why does this town worship a team that will collapse before the larger lady takes a tune?

If you reply to this, anyone, please do not use cliché such as "Lovable Losers".
    People love the CUBS because of WGN and that's the only reason I can really see why the CUB fans follow. Many Cub fans grew up watching the CUBS on WGN in other cities where they had no baseball teams.That has to be the reason because The Cubs organazation hasn't done ANYTHING for the fans. They just find ways to scam the fans and they fall for it. When you go to a WHITE SOX game you can expect a great time from The Kids Fundamental Deck, Player interaction(except for Griffey )
    Musical groups, a gauranteed firework show and a actuall place where you can use the bathroom with out having to sword fight with the guy next to you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    People love the CUBS because of WGN and that's the only reason I can really see why the CUB fans follow. Many Cub fans grew up watching the CUBS on WGN in other cities where they had no baseball teams.That has to be the reason because The Cubs organazation hasn't done ANYTHING for the fans. They just find ways to scam the fans and they fall for it. When you go to a WHITE SOX game you can expect a great time from The Kids Fundamental Deck, Player interaction(except for Griffey )
    Musical groups, a gauranteed firework show and a actuall place where you can use the bathroom with out having to sword fight with the guy next to you.
    Funny, my friend who is going to The Cubs game today said the same thing. He said he would go to about 10 more games a year if they renovated the bathrooms already.

Don't get mad at me, because I really hate live baseball unless the game means something (like a playoff clinching game) and I did just buy season tickets for The Blackhawks (so I guess I love live hockey) but the last Cubs game I went to was the 2nd game of the season and I left in the middle of the 7th as it was too cold and the last White Sox game I attended was Game 5 ACLS 2005 in Anaheim. (The drive back to Las Vegas was like sitting on cloud 9, wherever that is) I think today I am going to show up late, say 3rd inning so maybe I can see the end of the game.