Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

OT: Blue Angels Are Amazing

Friday morning I was dragged to North Beach in Chicago to watch the Annual Chicago Air and Water Show. I had no clue what a treat I was in for when I saw the Blue Angels preform. In fact, I was so impressed I went back to Chicago Sunday to watch them again from my mother's 33rd floor apartment overlooking the lake.

Everyone who knows me knows that I hate to fly, and I know I'd never survive in one of these planes, but it is amazing watching them perform.

Name:  BA.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  25.8 KB

Name:  BA 2.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  9.6 KB

Mr.3000

Re: OT: Blue Angels Are Amazing

When I was a child (6-7 yrs old) back in the early 80's, they would fly over my house routinely. Scared the daylights out of me then lol But as I grew up I had a respect for them and their piloting skills. They are some of the best pilots and very entertaining.

We lived in San Diego between 1970 and 1972 while my dad was stationed at North Island. The Blue Angels used to practice from there then and they would practice daily over our neighborhood when they were flying F4s. It was awesome. They always put on a great show. Much better then the Thunderbirds.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

you should see them the week leading up to the naval academy graduation they practice every day for a couple hours or go to a navy football game in annapolis md when they fly really low over the stadium . best fly over ever for a football game

They visited my home of Seattle the week earlier. I know when they're in town when they wake up in morning (loud as close thunder). I'm not into that sort of stuff, but admit the way they fly so close and in unison is impressive.

Should add that if you're ever in Seattle, visit the Museum of Flight. Again, I'm not an airplane history fan, but was very impressed and had a good time. It's a gigantic (as in gigantic) room filled with airplanes, genuine space vehicles, from the earliest planes to supersonic fighter jets to experimental ccraft. My 70+ year old dad got to sit in the cockpit of a supersonic fighter seat, which was once the fastest plane in the world. The Museum director is a former astronaut.

I grew up in Lexington Park, MD several miles from the PAX River Naval Base. We would routinely see them flying in patterns over our house. Usually they were preparing for one of the many airshows there. Always a great time. Thanks for the pictures Joel.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the blue angels are truly something you need to see in person to appreciate/believe - i've found that trying to simply describe the experience to friends is usually met with little interest. in the early 80s i lived in san francisco and used to watch them from the top floor of the st. francis hotel's 30 story tower - in those days the jets flew very low, practically between the tall buildings, and would actually rock the windows! it was a trip! unfortunately they are no longer allowed to fly as low in the sf bay area but they are still well worth seeing...
    robert

If anyone is ever in Richmond, we have the Virginia Aviation Museum here at the airport. Its easy to find since they have a retired SR-71 Blackbird parked outside.

If anyone is ever in the Dayton, Ohio area, visit the United States Air Force Museum.

It is simply amazing

They have several hangars full of aircraft

They also have a few different presidential Air Force One planes that you can walk through
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com