Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GFC Lot 159

Banned

Re: GFC Lot 159

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Joel,

I have a photo archive of over 8000 emoticons and thus can easily spot the differences between a Smiley Face and an Eye Roll.

To practice, you may want to look through your Sunday paper and find those two pictures that look like they're the same, but actually have 10 differences. I once heard that Lou Lampson suffered a mild seizure trying to complete one of those. That was probably just a rumor though.

Good luck!
    My wife and I often play Photo Match on those machines in the taverns.

Quote Originally Posted by jdr3 View Post
    No offense, but don't waste any more time. This is not the first or last time Grey Flannel has passed off a piece of crap as a game used jersey. They could not authenticate a boyle on their own behind.
    I can't even imagine how they could sell a questionable shirt, of a HOF inductee, at a live auction at the HOF

It amazes me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    I can't even imagine how they could sell a questionable shirt, of a HOF inductee, at a live auction at the HOF

It amazes me
    Has anyone contacted them about the posted issues with this jersey? I have not because I have no desire to bid on it, but has anyone who is a legitimate Grey Flannel bidder emailed them?

Respectfully, Joel, this is Grey Flannel we're dealing with. This is the same company that made fools of themselves on national television regarding their ability to analyze uniforms and did not seem to learn anything from the experience. If this were a company that had a track record of reliability, that would be one thing, but there are at least 5 pieces in every GFC auction that are flat out jokes, such as this Ewing jersey. They do not deserve the benefit of the doubt that they are making an honest mistake. Secondly, a former GFC employee posted here that GFC employees regularly look at this board, so I guarantee you they know about the issues. Thirdly, I know for a fact the FBI reads this board daily, and they are well aware of GFC's questionable merchandise. This thing with Mastro is the tip of the ice berg. Other auction houses are being HIGHLY scrutinized, and you can bet GFC is one of them, whether they realize it or not. According to GFC, the jersey was supposedly consigned by Ernie Perveil, whoever that is, and it has been in his collection for "about 15 years."

As of 10:20 pm est on 8/23/08, the jersey does not appear online.