Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bat Repair

Bat Repair

Guys,
    Not sure if anyone else does their own repairs, but I have included 2 pictures of repairs I have done recently using Gorilla glue... The excess flakes off with your fingernail very easily.

I know it isnt a professional repair, but I like seeing the cracks on a cracked bat... it doesn't fill it in, but it holds very nicely with no exterior residue
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Re: Bat Repair

May i ask why people like repairing there game used bats. To me it hurts the bat and also hurts the value more than it being cracked. That player cracked that bat so why would you not want it the way it was when he last used it. Next thing people are going to do is add seam/ball marks, cleat marks and more pine tar.

I only make repairs when I am unable to display because the break resulted in multiple pieces or the bat is about to come apart. I use a light amount of Crazy Glue gel so no residue is visible in the cracks.......

My 2 cents......

Davis

I'm not afraid to let people hold and swing the bats after they have been repaired. I do like the crack to show but I want the bat to be able to be handled without worrying about the crack.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    Guys,
    Not sure if anyone else does their own repairs, but I have included 2 pictures of repairs I have done recently using Gorilla glue... The excess flakes off with your fingernail very easily.

I know it isnt a professional repair, but I like seeing the cracks on a cracked bat... it doesn't fill it in, but it holds very nicely with no exterior residue
    HELLO: WHAT IS A GORILLA GLUE?.. THANKS

yanks... the two I had were completely cracked in half... and I stuck the two pieces together... if that hurts the value so be it... Their in my collection, I'm not getting rid of them..

I have about 20 other in my collection that have cracks but are still in one peice... I dont touch those

Gorilla glue is a name brand... you can get it at Home Depot or Lowes
    Bert
    ---------------

shoremen44@gmail.com

Banned

I think each person may have his/her own preference about cracked bats. I have used Elmers wood glue in the past and it worked fine with a couple of ring vises. Whether to repair or not is up to the collector.

I prefer bats that are slightly cracked and I leave them that way. A slight crack shows me that the player used it but didnt destroy it. Just my preference though....

Bert,
    I did not see that they were split into 2 pieces. So i agree with repair them when their into 2 pieces. Sorry

No problem... I didnt provide the before pics... on during and after
    Bert
    ---------------

shoremen44@gmail.com