Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Question for Forum- Bonds Value?

Babe Ruth will always in my eyes be the home run king.Even if or when Bonds does break the Record.Back then they had no clue what juice is.Thanks Geoff

**I'm just going to take this comment down and we'll pretend it never happened**

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    **I'm just going to take this comment down and we'll pretend it never happened**

Why was my post removed? This forum is not fun when my comments are censored. NO forum rule was broken or challenged with my comments. I spoke of racism and its effect on major league baseball. Eric, you can ban me, suspend me, and stick bamboo shoots under my fingernails. However, this will not change history. Maybe you should read a book about Jackie Robinson.

Don't know the past, don't know the future...

Re: Don't know the past, don't know the future...

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    Educate your mind!
    Reading is Fundamental:
    http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0501/page051501.asp

"...I am delighted to remind everyone of how many old baseball records deserve to have an asterisk next to them in the record books. It would gently remind us of how long the races were not allowed to compete on the sort of level playing field that Americans of good will still are trying to achieve for our society today. "
    -Clarence Page

Banned

So, Babe Ruth's stats should all have asterisks next to them because he only faced white pitchers, right? Oh wait, everyone who player prior to 1948 should have the same issues.

I don't approve of everything in the past, but then again, a season is a season, a game is a game, so I believe Baseball's theory is simple: Forgive us for the past and let's Play Ball.

So, I guess the records will stand for those who may or may not have abused steroids - Even if you keep Babe Ruth or Hark Aaron in your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    So, Babe Ruth's stats should all have asterisks next to them because he only faced white pitchers, right? Oh wait, everyone who player prior to 1948 should have the same issues.
    All baseball records prior to 1947 cannot be taken seriously. Ty Cobb wouldn't play against black players, simply because he didn't want to get beat. If you beat your sister while playing one-on-one in the driveway, that doesn't mean you are the best basketball player in the neighborhood.

Banned

R.C. Walker i agree!!!

rc, you hit it on the head!