X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • both-teams-played-hard
    • Nov 2005

Re: Question for Forum- Bonds Value?

Originally posted by trsent
    So, Babe Ruth's stats should all have asterisks next to them because he only faced white pitchers, right? Oh wait, everyone who player prior to 1948 should have the same issues.
    All baseball records prior to 1947 cannot be taken seriously. Ty Cobb wouldn't play against black players, simply because he didn't want to get beat. If you beat your sister while playing one-on-one in the driveway, that doesn't mean you are the best basketball player in the neighborhood.

Comment

• bigtime59
      • Nov 2005

On the stated topic:
      I couldn't afford a Bonds jersey last year, and doubt I'll be able to afford one next year, regardless of what happens to the man himself.
      On the topic we wandered into:
      In 2035, when MLB is 98% Hispanic, will we be arguing (in Spanish, probably) about records set when the sport still let domestic white guys play?
      The only thing I have to say on supplements is that either everybody HAS to take 'em, or nobody GETS to.
      Mark
      msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• kingjammy24
        • Nov 2005

If people feel that steroids lead to an unfair, unnatural advantage then can't the same also be said for amphetamines, which have been prevalent in the Majors for the past 30 yrs? Was it fair and natural when Willie Mays showed up at the park supremely alert due to a chemical, while other speed-free players were exhausted and could barely see straight?

Rudy.

Comment

• stlbats
          • Nov 2005

Most of Bonds problem is he has been such a butt his whole career. Almost everyone, fans, media, baseball in general has it in for him because of his attitude. I dont care what color he is, he needs to get over himself. He could have been the best the real way. He deserves whatever comes to him. To this day he still has nothing but smart remarks to say.

Jason

Comment

• suave1477
            Banned
            • Jan 2006

You would think with Barry Bonds family tree that he is a great player with out the roids,

Bobby Bonds - Father

Reggie Jackson - cousin

Gary Sheffield - cousin

Willie Mays - God father ( ok well maybe Willie and him are not blood related but dam im sure Willie taught him something ) lol lol

Comment

Working...