Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Arod and Yankees not playoff bound

I have always cheered against the New York Yankees. Yes, I am from the West Coast and I do like many East Coast teams, just not the Yanks. In fact I even like many of the players on the Yanks. How can you not like Jeter, Posada, B. Williams, Mattingly, etc. Ever since I was a kid though I disliked the Yanks they always tried to buy championships by throwing high priced players together. And what Reggie did in the World Series......horrible (I am referring to when he stuck his hip out). It is funny I really don't care for Arod either. So for me a great year is when the Dodgers win a World Series but a good year also is when Arod and the Yankees don't make the playoffs.

Richpick

Re: Arod and Yankees not playoff bound

The season is not over yet. They are only 5 1/2 games behind the red sox's in the wildcard and we still have 36 games left and 6 against the red soxs. And i dont see L.A. making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by richpick View Post
    I have always cheered against the New York Yankees. Yes, I am from the West Coast and I do like many East Coast teams, just not the Yanks. In fact I even like many of the players on the Yanks. How can you not like Jeter, Posada, B. Williams, Mattingly, etc. Ever since I was a kid though I disliked the Yanks they always tried to buy championships by throwing high priced players together. And what Reggie did in the World Series......horrible (I am referring to when he stuck his hip out). It is funny I really don't care for Arod either. So for me a great year is when the Dodgers win a World Series but a good year also is when Arod and the Yankees don't make the playoffs.

Richpick
    people always hate you when you are on top.....26 world championships baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    Well said! However, you know what's coming from many..."what have you done for me lately."

5 1/2 out for the wildcard. I say they'll creep in and make it.

hopefully my rangers will take a cue from the dbacks and learn how to build from within. its the only way we can get pitching because no pither in their right mind would come play in our park on purpose. the yanks will be dangerous this offseason with 80 worth of payroll leaving the books. any chance they sign sheets/sabathia and tex all in one off season?

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    When I hear this from Yankee fans I think...On the top of what? All-time World Championships.... Is that even fair when the Yankees have been around for as long as they have. It is a REAL WEAK argument and just shows how myopic Yankee fans are. Trust me I will take 75-85 degrees all year round and Dodgers, Angels, Padres, Lakers, Kings, and Ducks then the weather in New York. Oh and have you seen the women in California! It just sounds like Yankee fans trying to make-up for the awful current run of the Spankees (At least that is what the Angels call them when they play them, they own them).

Richpick

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    hopefully my rangers will take a cue from the dbacks and learn how to build from within. its the only way we can get pitching because no pither in their right mind would come play in our park on purpose. the yanks will be dangerous this offseason with 80 worth of payroll leaving the books. any chance they sign sheets/sabathia and tex all in one off season?
    Maybe if the Rangers didnt trade Chris Young, John Danks & Edison Volquez the Rangers would of been set for a couple of years

When I hear this from Yankee fans I think...On the top of what? All-time World Championships.... Is that even fair when the Yankees have been around for as long as they have. It is a REAL WEAK argument and just shows how myopic Yankee fans are. Trust me I will take 75-85 degrees all year round and Dodgers, Angels, Padres, Lakers, Kings, and Ducks then the weather in New York. Oh and have you seen the women in California! It just sounds like Yankee fans trying to make-up for the awful current run of the Spankees (At least that is what the Angels call them when they play them, they own them).

Richpick
    I'm a diehard Yankees fan and I would agree with you if other teams even came close to putting up the number of championships the Yankees. Not only that, but they have won 39 AL Pennants and the team has had 19 players go into the HOF as a Yankees (Catfish Hunter has no cap in his plaque). When most common people think of baseball legends they think of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle. The Yankees remain the gold standard when it comes to organizational excellence in baseball and American sports in general.

Tim

Is that even fair when the Yankees have been around for as long as they have.

Theres other teams that have been around longer than the yankees(reds,cubs,red soxs) and they nothing close to the yankees(there maybe be some more teams).

OK Richpick, you say its unfair to list total World Series wins because the Yankees have been around so long. How many World Series have ALL the California teams won total in the last 20 years compared to the Yankees alone?