Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Xbat Flag stickers

I was reading a article by 2 very respected forum members written about Pujols game used bats. The article stated that Xbats with flag stickers where store model bats. I find this very disturbing because I own a Manny Xbat with a flag sticker. I purchased the bat off eBay. It came with a COA from ESM, who I believed to be a reputable dealer. Do I own a store model bat?

Re: Xbat Flag stickers

I don't think that is 100% accurate

I have seen X Bats used by minor leaguers with flag stickers on them that were acquired directly from the player and not a third party.
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

I can't recall seeing any major league players using an xbat with the flag logos on them. I purchased an Xbat for my own personal use and it came with a flag on it. Perhaps going thru getty you may be able to find a picture of manny using one with a flag but I don't recall him using one. Just my two cents

I'd be more concerned about the bat coming from ESM than it having a flag sticker on it.

Manny has used X-Bats with flags on the handle, spanning all the way back to 2003. The bats from 03-04 predominantly had the flag on them and the ones recently have been devoid of the flag but I have seen models that have the flag on them.

Other players have used X-Bats with flags. Pujols has not. What you read about X-Bats was in regard to Pujols' bats.

Thanks for the clarification Jeff, I thought I had a bad bat.
    Scott

ESM and ASI had a boatload of Manny X-Bats with the flag up for sale when you could buy from X-Bat directly and still seem to have some left over. Why dont you post some pics of the bat. Back then, they did not differentiate between retail and pro models.