Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

grey flannel Larry Bird Indiana State jersey

Hi..

I've been trying to find some pics of a style match for this jersey...

every picture that I can find does not have the letter "I" in Indiana, but rather a sillouette of the state of Indiana for the letter I..

from searching the the internet, I can't seem to find any pictures to match this thing...

any help would be greatly appreciated...it appears to be a nice piece, but nothings a sure thing anymore

here are some links

http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/L...px?lotid=18702

Re: grey flannel Larry Bird Indiana State jersey

Nov 1977 cover of S.I.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Nov 1977 cover of S.I.

I found this one as well...but can't find a pic of a white one of Bird or any player yet...anyone have any ideas?

I looked on ISU's athletic website and they only had these crappy b&w photos. The photo on the cover of the Sporting News is the only thing I could find in a white jersey from the year in question (1978) and that jersey looks nothing like the GFC jersey. Hopefully others can find some better pics or provide more detailed info. Good luck!

Banned

The shorts have me more baffled than the jersey. Bird in the pros wore mostly a size 36 waist-sometimes a 34. Those are size 40! And I can't really tell if the 33 marked on the shorts has been written over another # or if it just bled a lot-looks pretty new-not vintage or faded. Just my 2 cents.
    Greg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    The shorts have me more baffled than the jersey. Bird in the pros wore mostly a size 36 waist-sometimes a 34. Those are size 40! And I can't really tell if the 33 marked on the shorts has been written over another # or if it just bled a lot-looks pretty new-not vintage or faded. Just my 2 cents.
    Greg
    Greg, I have only owned a few collegiate items, but based on the era I have had many, many NBA game used items with numbers crossed out and new numbers written in. They just recycled items all the time.

Greg, I have only owned a few collegiate items, but based on the era I have had many, many NBA game used items with numbers crossed out and new numbers written in. They just recycled items all the time.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that 33bird is familiar with the fact that items get recycled.

His points were that the shorts seem too big and the #33 looks like it was written on the tag last week.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that 33bird is familiar with the fact that items get recycled.

His points were that the shorts seem too big and the #33 looks like it was written on the tag last week.
    Oh, I thought he was making a general statement. I have no clue about the size. I know a few handwriting/ink dating experts. They should be hired to look at these then.

I know a few handwriting/ink dating experts. They should be hired to look at these then.
    Maybe GF will guarantee 3rd party authentication by ink dating experts at the buyer's expense.