Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Shea Stadium Seats

Always great to hear others experiences. Thanks, skyking.

Also nice to see others creating ballpark memories for their own kids. When I took my daughter in April she had a great time (cotton candy, ice cream, hot dogs - who wouldn't) but, honestly, it meant more to me just being able to share that with her. Something I'll never forget.

If you missed it, here's the info on the company hired to do the seat removal at Shea...

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...seat-deal.html

The blue loge seats are sold out.

Mezz green and Upper Deck reds are still available.

David

I haven't bought any seats but if I did I wouldn't be too happy with this.....
    The metal seat frames, which date back to Shea's opening season in 1964, will be stripped and repainted in their original color to meet standards for indoor use...."

this is from the company hired ready the seats for sale.

Do you really want them to strip the original paint off it?

Are these the repainted versions????
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    The metal seat frames, which date back to Shea's opening season in 1964, will be stripped and repainted in their original color to meet standards for indoor use...."

this is from the company hired ready the seats for sale.

Do you really want them to strip the original paint off it?

Swoboda4,

The Mets state that this is why they are doing this:

"After the last out of the last game, the seats will be removed and repainted. That's because paint on the metal frames, which date back to opening season in 1964, contains lead, a metal that can affect brain development."

That said they and the City of NY probably don't want to be part of some class action lawsuit in the future with collectors claiming they all got lead poisoning from their seats.

Now I do have an old orange seat with the metal frames unrestored and worn out. I'm wondering if I have a toxic land mine in my basement ?

As long as the seats I ordered has the original color restored and not hot pink I'm ok with it.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Ripken View Post
    If you missed it, here's the info on the company hired to do the seat removal at Shea...

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...seat-deal.html
    I hadn't seen that article. Thanks.

Post Re: Shea Stadium Seats

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Swoboda4,

The Mets state that this is why they are doing this:

"After the last out of the last game, the seats will be removed and repainted. That's because paint on the metal frames, which date back to opening season in 1964, contains lead, a metal that can affect brain development."
    I had heard the same as David. While it's probably not the best from a collectible value standpoint, I doing this one for sentimental reasons. At least they're doing it to all the seats in this sale...

Mike

Hello gentlemen. Although I am a lifelong devout NY Jets fan I was a young SoCal native when the Jets played their final game at Shea and thus I am unfamiliar with the seating arrangement of the era. If any of you Shea veterans get the time is it possible you could e-mail me at nyjetsfan14@yahoo.com I'd like to pose a couple questions pertaining to past Shea seating and configuration. Thank you very much in advance for the time and happy collecting. As always...

God Bless America,
    Matthew

Just posing this question. If you had a chance to pick the two consecutive numbers of your seats, what would you pick?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth