Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Shea Stadium Seats

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Swallow hard and take it, that call is coming. I had several of them with 2008 purchases I made and hid from my wife - but it was basically a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Bob,

I dread the next few days and weeks as that large UPS 70lb package heads to my home. I can hide a jersey and with some skill a bat tube but this is the motherload of all deliveries that knows no hiding place on this earth.

If you guys don't see me posting within the next few weeks I may not have survived this one.

David

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Bob,

I dread the next few days and weeks as that large UPS 70lb package heads to my home. I can hide a jersey and with some skill a bat tube but this is the motherload of all deliveries that knows no hiding place on this earth.

If you guys don't see me posting within the next few weeks I may not have survived this one.

David
    Dave: I slipped up a few years ago and took $$ out of bank acct and used a cashier's check to pay for a jersey. In 30 days, because I took $$ direct from the acct and used it for the check, it appeared on our statement. I had been doing stuff like this for years. Now wife watches my every move. Holidays are good distractions though, but not enough to hide these seats. Best thing to do here is wait til she is in a good mood, and then tell her what you did and that it is a Christmas present for you - she does not have to get you anything else... If this does not work, another thing I do is have stuff delivered to our work instead of home and then I pick it up. You'd have to get it from work and get it home and wherever you are going to put it on a day when you knew she was not around....

All this talk is telling me I need to collect big time now, before I settle down!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

I'm picking up my mother in law tomorrow night so she can sleep over thru the holidays. I'm hoping the seats come during her stay She and the holiday (all my wife's family coming over and i'm cooking) may be just the right distraction I'll need.

AWA85 you are right. Before I got married I purchased anything I like anytime. Once your married you'll need to be more selective.

David

My mother-in-law passed on a year ago this past August. A very quiet, kind lady. She had many illnesses before her passing, and living alone 45 minutes away she was always welcome here. Sure, she distracted my wife from my collecting spending, no doubt. However, having lost my mom at age 51 she was a close 2nd to a mom, and I miss her. Dave, enjoy her visit, distractions or not...

Quote Originally Posted by MRMusial View Post
    Liverpool museum buys Shea seats for Beatles exhibit

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...tory?track=rss
    I visited this museum 7 or 8 years ago. Not all that impressed. They had some neat Beatles collectibles, but the Hard Rock Cafe in London had more/better memorabilia.