Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vintagesportscollector
    • Nov 2005

Re: Glove Experts - OK, what did I buy?

Hi Jim. Welcome aboard. We haven't corresponded in a while, but it's great to have you join the forum.

Feel free to share pictures of your glove room and wonderful cabinet...I'm sure others would love to see them.

-Joe
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

• ebbets55
      • Mar 2006

Hi Joe,

I didn't know that was you. I took another look at your collection. Wow! That was fun to see again. I would love to share some pictures but I haven't moved into the 21st century yet. Maybe Rob or Rob can help me post some pictures. Nice to hear from you.

Let me know if anyone comes across any hard to find glove oils or conditioners.

Rob L - can't wait to see that glove. I can fax or PDF anyone some of those old catalogue and book pages if they want them.

JD

Comment

• Rob L
        • Nov 2005

Hey all,

The glove arrived today. Like we all ultimately figured in the end, it was a bust. Definitely a webbed glove with the webbing removed. Oh well, it was a fun gamble

Rob L
        Rob L
        loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• mjkm90
          • Nov 2005

Sorry about that Rob. We've all been there buddy. I paid $100 for a reproduction cabinet photo several years ago. Say, what did you pay for it anyway?
          Mike H

Comment

• Rob L
            • Nov 2005

The cost wasn't a killer, i think $156.00. It's livable and I won't feel to bad about trashing it.

Rob L
            Rob L
            loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• slidekellyslide
              • Aug 2005

Rob, sorry to hear it...the guy you bought it from seems to be putting some really nice vintage baseball items on and seems rather knowledgeable about these items...did he not guarantee the glove? I'm wondering if this isn't the guy who set up at the local antique show last year as some of the stuff he's putting up looks familiar...I've been hoping that he would come back, but I haven't seen him the last three times the show has taken place.

Comment

• Rob L
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by slidekellyslide
                Rob, sorry to hear it...the guy you bought it from seems to be putting some really nice vintage baseball items on and seems rather knowledgeable about these items...did he not guarantee the glove? I'm wondering if this isn't the guy who set up at the local antique show last year as some of the stuff he's putting up looks familiar...I've been hoping that he would come back, but I haven't seen him the last three times the show has taken place.
                Hey Dan,

Nah, he indicated that he hadn't had a glove like this before and wouldn't state for sure that it was a workman. It's too bad though because it was obvious when I saw it that it had a web. Oh well, live and learn!!

Rob L
                Rob L
                loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• mjkm90
                  • Nov 2005

It wouldn't hurt to ask for a refund since he stated in his reply to you that he could see no traces of a web having been there. Send him a nice letter and mention you discussed it with other experts and buyers who may consider buying more of his items if they believe he is an honest seller.
                  Mike H

Comment

Working...