X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Metsfan808
    • Sep 2007

Re: Jersey Display Cases

Originally posted by AWA85
    Metsfan - Were those Ikea frames easy to hang? I purchased a cheap version from Hobby Lobby once, and it was not the best quality.
    They are very easy to hang, they come with two little brackets that go attached to the back panel of the frame and a wire that you attach to the brackets. Put up a hook or a screw on the wall and you are all set.

The quality is not bad. Most of the frames were purchased about 2 years ago and they are solid wood they are very sturdy and the quality was great. The new ones I purchased recently are made of compressed wood but they are still OK, once they are up on tha wall they look just as good as the others.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Always looking for any Edgardo Alfonzo game used stuff!
    cfiguer5@yahoo.com

Comment

• cigarman44
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Metsfan808
      They are very easy to hang, they come with two little brackets that go attached to the back panel of the frame and a wire that you attach to the brackets. Put up a hook or a screw on the wall and you are all set.

The quality is not bad. Most of the frames were purchased about 2 years ago and they are solid wood they are very sturdy and the quality was great. The new ones I purchased recently are made of compressed wood but they are still OK, once they are up on tha wall they look just as good as the others.
      Hey Metsfan,

I have a frame like this and just bought a new jersey. Did you do anything to hold the jersey to the mat or is it just pressure between the glass and mat? Thanks!

Joe

Comment

• dcrules01
        • Nov 2005

The jersey over time would be ok like that??If it's pressed against the glass/plexi glass..
        Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• Metsfan808
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by cigarman44
          Hey Metsfan,

I have a frame like this and just bought a new jersey. Did you do anything to hold the jersey to the mat or is it just pressure between the glass and mat? Thanks!

Joe
          The jerseys are pinned to the mat with regular tailor pins. I tap them through the jersey on to the mat and then bend them with a needle nose plier on the back of the mat. I used to just have them pressed on but if you look at the Alfonzo jersey they start to drop and wrinkle after a while. I was talking to the counter guy at a local Michael's store and he suggested that I pin the jersey to the mat, it has worked well for me so far.
          __________________________________________________ _______________
          Always looking for any Edgardo Alfonzo game used stuff!
          cfiguer5@yahoo.com

Comment

• grenda12
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Metsfan808
            The jerseys are pinned to the mat with regular tailor pins. I tap them through the jersey on to the mat and then bend them with a needle nose plier on the back of the mat. I used to just have them pressed on but if you look at the Alfonzo jersey they start to drop and wrinkle after a while. I was talking to the counter guy at a local Michael's store and he suggested that I pin the jersey to the mat, it has worked well for me so far.
            I think the pins work great for jerseys and batting gloves. Other people worry about having a hole in the item.

Comment

• cigarman44
              • Aug 2007

Thanks guys,

I want to avoid putting pins in it if I can. I might just get the same $70.00 display as my other jersey.

Comment

• Ollie
                • Oct 2008

My 06 Game Used Mussina Jersey Has Just Come Back From The Framers and is currently sitting with my Mom back home in Illinois (A present for the both of us.) We were able to photomatch it to the June 25th Game were Moose struck out his 2500 batter (thats the photo in the corner of the frame.) Very happy with it!

Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• skyking26
                  • Dec 2005

Nice.

On a side note, in another thread I've listed that I've had no communication with the folks at Timberland. My case was supposedly in production as of Dec 29. Here it is March 13 and even their auctions on ebay do not garner a response. I've yet to understand this type of sales/marketing technique.

Ignoring a customer with $200 in his hand must be a new marketing tool. Anybody else have success with this method??????????????????
                  ROBERT KOPPEL
                  Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                  and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• Blitzmaster
                    • Mar 2006

Showed this one a while ago but I am waiting for my Warren Sapp jersey to get back(hopefully this week). Had them done at Aaron Brothers with a guy that specializes in jerseys). Will post photos of the Sapp as soon as I get it back!

Comment

• hawkswin22
                      • Mar 2009

I came across this thread in searching for the best markers/pens to use for getting a hockey jersey signed.

While it isnt game used or a jersey below is a picture of the display I was able to put together with pucks from last year Blackhawks Convention along with the bag they handed out and the pass for the weekend.

Required a frame from Michaels which I think was $50 but there was the 50% off coupon and some velcro... the rest was just elbow grease. Considering the pucks cost $2 each and the frame and velcro ran no more than $30 after tax I think it turned out nicely.

ps. If anyone has insight on what kind of markers would be best for obtaining autographs on a multi-colored jersey (pictured in link) please response to my other post linked here: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum2/showthread.php?p=2337#post2337

Comment

• joelsabi
                        • Aug 2005

wow thats amazing scott. wish i had the carpenter skills
                        Regards,
                        Joel S.
                        joelsabi @ gmail.com
                        Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• joelsabi
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by harpt
                          I have to get some better lighting in my basement, but these pics will have to do. I just built seven "lockers" in my basement. I just framed them up with 2x4's and then used tongue and groove (pine) carsiding...just like the cieling. I think it ended up looking pretty cool. Easy to do and relatively inexpensive.
                          redo. needs some context. amazing job scott.
                          Regards,
                          Joel S.
                          joelsabi @ gmail.com
                          Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• CUTiger
                            • Dec 2008

I just built my first case, I think it has turned out good so far. Need to finish a couple of things, I started my own thread. I was thinking of posting a how to, and material list in that thread if anyone is interested. Comments?

Here's the link to the other thread.

Attached Files

Comment

• Blitzmaster
                              • Mar 2006

just got my SApp back.....turned out nice. Junior Seau is next up!!!

Comment

• mb23
                                • Jan 2008

Great work on all the frames in here guys.
                                Ive been looking for something for my Jersey but I'm having an issue because everything I see is to short in length. I like the Caseworks frame but the length is only 39 inches long on the inside and the jersey needs about 40 inches. Does anyone have any ideas? I went to Michael's and they will build a custom shadow display for about 350$ they recommend not to frame it up against the glass. any help?

Regards
                                Mike

Comment

Working...