Re: Jersey Display Cases

Link for cases ??
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• dcgreg25
      • Jan 2008

Roger, here you go. The pics on the site don't do them justice. They are running a special right now that is 10% off the special price, free shipping and if you buy three or more you can get an additional discount if you ask for it.

Shop Now for all your jersey framing needs. No one frames more jerseys. No one frames jerseys at a better price. No one has more raving fans.

Comment

• joshmiller0
        • Mar 2010

bought my first two game worn nba jerseys... they were only 150 each so I'm looking looking to spend a lot on a display frame. Anyone have a suggestion for a less expensive frame? I don't care if the whole jersey shows... I can fold it I guess... Quite frankly, the jerseys are huge so I don't need them taking up the whole wall.

Comment

• neverfinished94
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by joshmiller0
          bought my first two game worn nba jerseys... they were only 150 each so I'm looking looking to spend a lot on a display frame. Anyone have a suggestion for a less expensive frame? I don't care if the whole jersey shows... I can fold it I guess... Quite frankly, the jerseys are huge so I don't need them taking up the whole wall.
          you can get them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. wait til they have their sale on them (usually every other week) and you can get one for $60-$75.

here's pic of one of mine. its 30x40 and i turn them sideways because it works better in my room

looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Comment

• skinsfan0521
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by neverfinished94
            you can get them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. wait til they have their sale on them (usually every other week) and you can get one for $60-$75.

here's pic of one of mine. its 30x40 and i turn them sideways because it works better in my room

That frame that is in your picture is offered at Michael's as a stock frame or is it one of the custom framing options?

I've had something custom framed by them before and it was NOT cheap. lol

Comment

• neverfinished94
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by skinsfan0521
              That frame that is in your picture is offered at Michael's as a stock frame or is it one of the custom framing options?

I've had something custom framed by them before and it was NOT cheap. lol
              that one is from Hobby Lobby. it's just a generic jersey frame

they are on sale this week (50%) but they normally run this sale every other week. so if you go there and its not on sale, just wait a week and it will be.

or you could just use one of these coupons...

looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Comment

• skinsfan0521
                • Apr 2009

Oh, ok, thanks. I don't have a Hobby Lobby near me, but I do have a Michael's. I don't think that they have anything like that at all there though. I've looked there and AC Moore (another hobby/craft store) and I haven't ever seen a jersey frame like that on the shelves anywhere. I'll definitely check again next time I'm there though.

Thanks

Comment

• neverfinished94
                  • Dec 2009

they have some at Michaels too. they are 24x36 and reg price $99. they are in the display case section where the baseball and football cases are.

every other week they are 40% off.

plus if you sign up on their website, you can print off a 40% off coupon too.

Comment

• mbenga28
                    • Nov 2008

has anyone ever submitted their jersey and had it damaged/stolen? what are usually the store's protection policy against such incidents from happening?

Comment

• skinsfan0521
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by mbenga28
                      has anyone ever submitted their jersey and had it damaged/stolen? what are usually the store's protection policy against such incidents from happening?
                      Basic answer is:
                      The items that I had custom framed were football cards (have all of Chris Snee's RC -- including 1/1, etc) and I refused to submit them at the time of ordering the frame so they allowed me to bring them in later.

Long answer & my experience is:
                      I honestly don't remember specifics of what their policy is for lost/stolen items because I didn't really get into it. Once they told me what the normal process is, I told them that I wasn't interested in the framing if that was part of the deal because some of these things are one of a kind items.

The way the custom framing is supposed to work is that you go and order the custom frame & matting and it takes like a week or two for that stuff to come into the store. Then, the employees will take your items and mat and frame them and then call you sometime in the next couple days after they get the supplies in. Normally, they want you to give them the items you are having framed right at the time of ordering and they keep them at the store for that entire time (2-3 weeks). I worked it out so they called me when they had the frame and mat and I went in and gave them my cards and they had it done in an hour or two and I went back in to pick the completed item.

Comment

• skinsfan0521
                        • Apr 2009

neverfinished - So, I went to Michael's tonight looking for one of those and didn't find anything. But, now that I look at your pictures again, I may have misunderstood what it was that you bought... Is that a shadowbox and you have some custom matting inside it that you bought separately?

At first, I was under the impression that you bought that entire thing from a store shelf, but I think I was wrong. lol

Please let me know. Thanks again!

-Brian

Comment

• neverfinished94
                          • Dec 2009

neverfinished - So, I went to Michael's tonight looking for one of those and didn't find anything. But, now that I look at your pictures again, I may have misunderstood what it was that you bought... Is that a shadowbox and you have some custom matting inside it that you bought separately?

At first, I was under the impression that you bought that entire thing from a store shelf, but I think I was wrong. lol

Please let me know. Thanks again!

-Brian
                          yes, it is pretty much a shadowbox. i bought the matting separately. i will take a pic of one at hobby lobby and the one that i am talking about at Michaels. here's a pic of a couple of my other jerseys framed.

Comment

• skinsfan0521
                            • Apr 2009

Ok, gotcha. I know the shadowboxes you're talking about now.

Where did you get the matting? Custom from Michaels or someplace else? Also, did you put the jerseys on the matting yourself or did they do it for you?

Thanks a lot for all your help and information!

-Brian

Comment

• neverfinished94
                              • Dec 2009

Ok, gotcha. I know the shadowboxes you're talking about now.

Where did you get the matting? Custom from Michaels or someplace else? Also, did you put the jerseys on the matting yourself or did they do it for you?

Thanks a lot for all your help and information!

-Brian
                              i got the matting from Hobby Lobby and they cut it for me. every other week it is 50% off. my wife put the jersey on the matting.

Comment

• joshmiller0
                                • Mar 2010

completely forgot to check back ... thank you anyway

picked up 2 of these for $122 shipped. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

only 30% uv protection.. I don't know if that's terrible or not considering that they won't be sitting in direct sunlight anyway.

Comment

Working...