Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Re: Jersey Display Cases

Anybody know where to get a mannequin with oak base, adjustable, that can display full uni if you want??
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• Swoboda4
      • Nov 2005

HENMICK ,I have a lifesize manequin that my English uncle used to dress up.He died recently and my aunt wants it out. She'll pay for shipping.You can have it for the Meintkiewicz.

Comment

• JPD10
        • Jul 2008

Swoboda 4,

Do you mind telling me how you made those? Thanks a lot

Jake

Dumbleton.1@osu.edu

Comment

• Swoboda4
          • Nov 2005

The manequins or the cases?
          First you go to a big chain craft store(high end, Michaels rather than AC Moore)and buy the largest dark red glass frame they sell(28 1/2" x 40")
          Throw away the backing and keep the frame and glass(or replace the glass with plexiglass from Home depot because its lighter and safer. The frame glass is fragile. Don't get plexiglass from a glass store they'll hit you over the head-60% cheaper at HomeDepot.Buy plexglass cutter,few dollars,score it 15 times w straightedge and snap it off on your kitchen table. Oh,Buy the frame on Sunday when there's a 40% off sale($23).

Next go to Home Depot buy four 2 1/8" x5/8x 45 " pine strips
          large sheet of thin(1/8") cabinet backing wood
          #18x 5/8" wire brads
          cut the pine strips making a frame(I used screws that I pre drilled the- holes and then attach backing wood hammering wire brads to hold. Open (1)can of Budweiser. Sand area where jersey will go against and remove burs.Buy flat black and paint entire frame and backing except back (not neccessary). When dry polyurethane(MINWAX polycrylic satin finish)so area is smooth so jersey doesn't catch. I use 2inch ALG steel screws instaed of hinges so nobody can open the case. Carefully drill ,matching the frame to the shadowbox you just made underneath. Open second (2) of bud. I attached double screw closed hook to each side and then match it to plastic anchors in the wall. and I think thats it use Screw eyes for top to hold modified short length hanger.
          I'm making another one tomorrow and I'll take pictures of each step and make a how to thread.

Comment

• dcrules01
            • Nov 2005

Wow that is museum quality..Awesome job

Originally posted by Swoboda4
            The south west corner of the family room is almost complete. All jersey cases homemade (Michael's craft store and of course Home Depot):

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• TFig27
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HENMICK44
              THANKS TFIG FOR THE MANNEQUIN TORSOS(MY WAX MUSEUM).JUST ORDERED TWO MORE.DON'T KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO DISPLAY THE MIENTKIEWICZ TBTC JERSEY AND PANTS YET. ANY IDEAS?
              ALWAYS LOOKING FOR DOUG MIENTKIEWICZ AND PAUL ONEILL JERSEYS,BATS,HELMETS OR ODDBALL ITEMS. HENMICK44@OPTONLINE.NET

They look great lined up like that together! The others should be there shortly.

Tom
              sigpic
              TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
              A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
              J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Swoboda4
                The manequins or the cases?
                First you go to a big chain craft store(high end, Michaels rather than AC Moore)and buy the largest dark red glass frame they sell(28 1/2" x 40")
                Throw away the backing and keep the frame and glass(or replace the glass with plexiglass from Home depot because its lighter and safer. The frame glass is fragile. Don't get plexiglass from a glass store they'll hit you over the head-60% cheaper at HomeDepot.Buy plexglass cutter,few dollars,score it 15 times w straightedge and snap it off on your kitchen table. Oh,Buy the frame on Sunday when there's a 40% off sale($23).

Next go to Home Depot buy four 2 1/8" x5/8x 45 " pine strips
                large sheet of thin(1/8") cabinet backing wood
                #18x 5/8" wire brads
                cut the pine strips making a frame(I used screws that I pre drilled the- holes and then attach backing wood hammering wire brads to hold. Open (1)can of Budweiser. Sand area where jersey will go against and remove burs.Buy flat black and paint entire frame and backing except back (not neccessary). When dry polyurethane(MINWAX polycrylic satin finish)so area is smooth so jersey doesn't catch. I use 2inch ALG steel screws instaed of hinges so nobody can open the case. Carefully drill ,matching the frame to the shadowbox you just made underneath. Open second (2) of bud. I attached double screw closed hook to each side and then match it to plastic anchors in the wall. and I think thats it use Screw eyes for top to hold modified short length hanger.
                I'm making another one tomorrow and I'll take pictures of each step and make a how to thread.
                Robert,

You are a master craftsman my friend. One important question: while building the case is it better to have a regular Bud or will a Bud Lite do?

David
                metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• HENMICK44
                  • Mar 2008

Thanks Swoboda But You Can Keep That Mannequin.looks A Little To Weird To Put A Jersey On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• HENMICK44
                    • Mar 2008

Hey Swoboda That Mannequin Looks Just Like My Friend Bart.how Much For It?????????

Comment

• skyking26
                      • Dec 2005

That mannequin looks just like my dad when I was a kid (face and body).

RK
                      ROBERT KOPPEL
                      Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Comment

• harpt
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by skyking26
                        That mannequin looks just like my dad when I was a kid (face and body).

RK
                        Luckily for you, the apple has not fallen far from the tree. Your father was obviously more than a little handsome.
                        Scott Harpt
                        scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
                        Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• skyking26
                          • Dec 2005

lol! HAHAHAHAHA Handsome has never been a term attributed to me unfortunately!!!
                          ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

• harpt
                            • May 2007

Me either bro
                            Scott Harpt
                            scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
                            Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• skyking26
                              • Dec 2005

Been talking to a guy about a 30x36x2 jersey case where you can display the jersey/pants/hat, etc. We have been going back and forth about getting a shot of the felt color and stain color for weeks. If the guy would cooperate this would have been purchased about 4 weeks ago. My guess is he has too many customers and does not need my business. My question here is, anybody else have something like this in the $125 range, solid oak, felt backed?

I feel like I am wasting my time. I should not have to chase a guy to make a purchase. Just my opinion...

RK
                              ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

• Hartenbower34
                                • Sep 2008

I use a 16x20 shadowbox for jersies...This is how it looks displayed:

Comment

Working...