Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: Jersey Display Cases

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    Can't compare to Harpt but...
    This is easily as good as mine. I think the reason mine seems "impressive" (or whatever) is because there are several in a row. Yours actually looks a lot more like a locker. Very very cool.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Inspired by some of you, I'm going to try my hand at making display cases for my jerseys. I've done some looking, and for those of you who have questioned a UV-protected and acid-free environment, I have a suggestion (which I'm going to be following): line the inner sides of the case with acid-free foamboard, and Krylon makes a clear, UV-resistant spray that can be applied to acrylic.

I'll have to post back how things go.

Just thought I would say I think this thread is fantastic. I love seeing everyone try to help each other out.

Although I have not made a jersey case yet I have made a bat case for my 2005 White Sox set. I plan on making some like the one below but can I offer one suggestion? I think this example is a great idea. The picture frame was brilliant.

Instead of drilling through the face of the frame to mount it to the "Box". Why not screw a piano hinge on the back of one side so you can swing open the frame as a door? See a example picture below. You can pick these up at any hardware bog box store.

The just add a cabinet door clasp to keep it closed. These are cheap and you can have magnetic if you want.

Just my two cents.

PS.

Here is the case I built for my bats in case you have not seen it.

Thanks,

Glen

Stunning room Chicagoglen!

Glen,
    Very Nice bat case with perfect color background material. What is the material directly behind the bats? How did you support the case on the wall? How thick is the backing to the bat case? I made one out of oak it was very heavy.
    Robert

What is the material directly behind the bats? How did you support the case on the wall? How thick is the backing to the bat case?
    The material behind the bats is felt. I believe it was $3.00 a yard at the local Joanne Fabrics. (Yes, I felt weird going in there) They had like 8 or 10 colars in this price range but I felt the dark grey was the best for me.

(My next case I will use probably pleather or some type of swade. Make some padded inserts and staple or glue them in from the back) I think this wil look even better.

You last two questions are in this answer. I used 3/4 inch plywood for the back panel (Acutually the whole case). I then covered the plywood case on the outside with (4) Quarter Sawn Oak Panels for a more finished look. This way I could just screw the case directly into the studs with three inch screws. The case is very heavy but the 6 screws hold it very easily. To hide all of this I added the felt after the case was mounted with a spray addhesive. This way you can not see how the case is secured to the wall.

Hope this helps.

Glen

Don't feel bad about apprehension to walking in Joann Fabrics. I was there weeks ago along with Mary Maxim's and boughts some nice crushed green velor and other fabrics. Gotta do what you gotta do. I can't say I felt a fish in water, but wife assisted....ok, did it for me as she is sitting right behind me now....

Great displays...thanks for the idea, pics and ifno!

I wanted to share this site with everyone as it has proven to give me great options to display my items. Mannequins, acrylic display cases and extendable t-shirt racks..

This case (middle picture) is a bit small for a full sized jersey but works well (and a fair price) for smaller items.

http://www.eddies.com/t_search_resul...5061/6/10.html

Not sure if they have other Canadian or US locations, but if thye don't ship, let me know and I will try and assit any members. chris
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Man, these cases look great! Thanks for starting this subject!

Here's a pic how I display my Hawaii stuff. It's an old converted shelf that I painted and moved the shelves around. There's glass doors on it and also glass covers for the helmets on top but I took them off to remove the glare. And yes...I live in Hawaii and am a big Colt Brennan fan! (Before anyone from Georgia mentions the Sugar Bowl, I'm still trying to forget that game!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Falcon that is a sweet colt brennan collection. Is that a game used Colt jersey i see there the white Hawaii one? May i ask is there alot of Colt stuff in Hawaii cause i am a fuge fan also and live in the midwest and is hard to get his stuff here. I am so jealous.