Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Again Why Was My For Sale Thread Deleted??? Admins??

Dear Admins,

I am not trying to be a pest but I listed some items yesterday to come to find out again it has been deleted. To the best of my knowledge I have followed all the forum rules.

I didn't list any over the $500 rule and cannot think of what else I could have missed.
    I checked to make sure I didnt list anything over $500 and as I know you are not commited to answering why you would delete my thread, I would still like a courtesy answer please, since being a member of this forum for such a long time.

I understand it must be frustrating to see a member miss one of your rules but it is also just as frustrating to take the time out to list items just for it to be erased the next day.

Especially if I do not know what rule I overlooked so this way I wont repeat the same mistake.

Admins please help me understand what I did wrong????

Re: Again Why Was My For Sale Thread Deleted??? Admins??

Jason,
    I believe that the problem is that you are considered a dealer. They were pretty clear that anyone that was a dealer and not just a collector would not be permitted to sell on that forum.

Abe

Quote Originally Posted by Kid4hof03 View Post
    Jason,
    I believe that the problem is that you are considered a dealer. They were pretty clear that anyone that was a dealer and not just a collector would not be permitted to sell on that forum.

Abe

Dealers can be collectors too. If it was someone like Steiner coming on here and selling, then I'd understand; But another collector? Isn't suave a collector of Darryl Strawberry?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Dealers can be collectors too. If it was someone like Steiner coming on here and selling, then I'd understand; But another collector? Isn't suave a collector of Darryl Strawberry?
    According to the rules, dealers are not to post in the Collector to Collector Classified. I collect items, and I have a business.

If a person has a web site or an eBay store selling memorabilia, they are a dealer - It doesn't matter if Steiner Sports is selling stuff or if I am selling stuff - Everyone collects something - But Chris made it clear the new group was not for dealers.

How can we determine who is a dealer - collector every time? It is impossible, but at the same time it is often clear who is a dealer of some nature.

I would like to post there, but I don't because of rules that don't make sense to me but are present.

Any response on this?

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger... I e-mailed one of the admins directly a couple of weeks ago and got no response. I posted to have one of the admins call me on my cell (yes, included my cell number) on 8/25... no response.

On that same note, what makes the following different than suave's situation (because I know some of this stuff is over $500). I guess if you post and say you have stuff available along with your phone number, it's different.:

Game Used Universe has been widely recognized in the sports memorabilia industry as a leading source to help collectors determine the potential legitimacy of game used items. Now Game Used Universe is proud to announce it will be an exclusive distributor for Cowboys-Steiner collectibles.

The Dallas Cowboys are one of sports' most widely- recognized franchises. Its newly formed partnership with Steiner Sports, one of the largest and well-known companies in sports memorabilia, will create an exclusive source for authentic, game used memorabilia directly from Texas Stadium, and each item offered will include certification attesting to the item's legitimacy. Additionally, any items purchased through Game Used Universe will include a Game Used Universe certification as well. .

Through the newly formed partnership, there will be a variety of Cowboys-Steiner products offered through the program including, but not limited to, Dallas Cowboy game used jerseys, helmets, pants, footballs, locker room chairs, locker room nameplates, equipment bags, stadium seats, stadium signage and stadium turf.

Game Used Universe will be making some of these products available at the Dallas Cowboys training camp in Oxnard, CA on July 26-27 as well as at the National Sports Collector's Convention in Rosemont, IL July 30-August 3. If you are interested in learning more about Cowboys-Steiner collectibles, you may also contact Game Used Universe by calling 925.552.8023 or emailing sales@gamuseduniverse.com.

collector, non-collector, what gives? How can you tell? Maybe Im a collector? Will I get deleted also?

This site is sandpaper to the skin at times.

Banned

I'm an independant party here. I am not trying to pick a side but just state what I interpreted from the classified section rules. But in reading the rules of the classified section, didn't it state that threads would be deleted if the rules were not followed and that the classified section was or is supposed to be independant of the admins and that no one would be given a response as to why something was deleted. At least thats what I read into the understanding. I don't know if I made any sense here. I just understood it that whatever you post, it would be deleted and no response would be given. It was a do at your own risk kind of a thing without any feedback from any admins under this section.

Just my understanding of how it was going to work. If I were you I wouldn't expect to hear anything back.

But good luck anyway, its worth a try, understandably.

Aaron

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    I'm an independant party here. I am not trying to pick a side but just state what I interpreted from the classified section rules. But in reading the rules of the classified section, didn't it state that threads would be deleted if the rules were not followed and that the classified section was or is supposed to be independant of the admins and that no one would be given a response as to why something was deleted. At least thats what I read into the understanding. I don't know if I made any sense here. I just understood it that whatever you post, it would be deleted and no response would be given. It was a do at your own risk kind of a thing without any feedback from any admins under this section.

Just my understanding of how it was going to work. If I were you I wouldn't expect to hear anything back.

But good luck anyway, its worth a try, understandably.

Aaron
    I think a valid point is a little communication would go a long way. If the now for-profit, corporate oriented admins would message or email the offender telling them their post is being removed and why, it would go a long way toward both eliminating the mystery and soothing the ruffled feathers.

Mr.3000

I don't list things for sale, but I know I would like to hear how this site can distinguish, with 100% certainty, who is and who is not a dealer.

The best thing said in this whole debate is - Dealers can be collectors too.

While I believe this topic was already addressed in a previous thread, the purpose of the collector to collector forum is exactly what it is stated to be. It is a forum intended for "collectors to sell among themselves. It is not intended for dealers, businesses or professional teams looking to sell their merchandise but simply a collector forum."

Basically, if you have a website or business that is dedicated to the sale of sports memorabilia you will likely be considered a "dealer". In addition, the listing of massive amounts of inventory on the forum, as well as and the attempt to refer people to another website with items for sale, is also likely another indication that the listing party is a dealer.

Notably, we will be launching another forum soon which will allow dealers to offer their items on GUU if they are interested. We will provide the details for those parties wishing to use it when the platform is released.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions