Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriplexXxSports
    • Jan 2009

Re: Jersey Display Cases

Here is my latest project (posted in the jersey display case thread too). My reasoning behind this little project was because I have seen so many people pay top dollar for these casework cases, etc., only to have their jerseys looked crammed in there, creased, folded, and just not look very good to the eye.

Second, is seeing people cram, crease, and even pin jerseys in poster frames, or oversized picture frames, and stuff of that nature. This is all fine and dandy for a retail jersey, but gamers......

Looking around for quite awhile, all I have really come across (that looked like something I was interested in buying) was like 30"x34", or very close to that, and well into the hundreds of dollars. NO THANK YOU!

So, here is what I came up with. A 32"x40" frame x 3.75" deep. Made of 1x boards cut to size, assembled and painted. The door was made of frame stock (which I painted to match). A piece of 1/8" plexiglass, and the backing is a White Archival Matboard.

Here are a few pics of different jerseys to give you can see the different possibilities (I just used the same hooks and hanger, but you get the idea).

If anyone is interested in one contact me directly.

Attached Files

Comment

• philsfan
      • Aug 2009

Jersey Display Case

Any recommendations on a good company for a custom jersey display case for a MLB jersey? Thanks.

Comment

• BostonSportsFan
        Banned
        • Jul 2010

Re: Jersey Display Case

Try these guys.

Not necessarily cheap but very, very nice

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
          • Jan 2009

Take a look at page 21 of this thread.....

Comment

• dcgreg25
            • Jan 2008

Homeplate Heroes has some great cases. They are not cheap but in my opinion they are the best cases on the market. (locks, suede matting, UV glass, etc.)

WE ARE THE LEADING COMPANY FOR HANDCRAFTED DISPLAY CASES We have Display Cases for all your sport collectible needs. From stock styles and sizes to

Sometimes you can get a better deal and they offer free shipping (which helps offset some of the cost). It all depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. Many of the homemade cases look great as well.

Comment

• philsfan
              • Aug 2009

Thanks all!

Comment

• scootmagroot
                • Oct 2009

Hey....does anyone know where to get those Timberland jersey display cases? They used to be on Ebay...but are no longer. Some people had talked about them a few pages back, but I cant seem to find them anywhere. I really want the jersey/bat/ball display all in one like they had. please let me know if anyone know anything

Scooter2403@yahoo.com

Comment

• braylenMV7
                  • Dec 2010

Harpt, That looks AMAZING!!!!!

Comment

• harpt
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by braylenMV7
                    Harpt, That looks AMAZING!!!!!
                    Thanks a lot
                    Scott Harpt
                    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
                    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• gaytorhater703
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by skinsfan0521
                      That frame that is in your picture is offered at Michael's as a stock frame or is it one of the custom framing options?

I've had something custom framed by them before and it was NOT cheap. lol
                      my question to the group is with newer age football jerseys such as this....are there any real potential hazards down the road for the jerseys if they are folded and simply pressed against the glass/plastic. Basically having the same crease in the jersey for a long long time?
                      WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by AWA85
                        Joel, I used the plexiglass route on my bookcases and it turned out great. I am sure others have tried something a little different, but I just picked up some Velcro and cut it to fit a few different places on my bookcase and attach the other side on the plexiglass. This has kept dust and pet hair out and is easy to take off and put back on at anytime.
                        Adam,

Thanks for the reply. I am going with plexiglass over glass as you suggested. I realize that the shelves aren’t designed to have a cover but I think it gives added protection to preserve what I have worked hard to collect. The funny thing was the day after I completed the display, it rained here and my dog brought in mud from the backyard into the room. Fortunately, nothing was touched.

I also got another reply from Brett (packfan84) and from his suggestion I will try two pieces of plexiglass on each shelve. One plexiglass will be 3/5 the height of the shelf and will be held by three acrylic hinges and another plexiglass will be 2/5 of the height and will be held by two acrylic hinges. Each will be held closed on the other side by a no bore magnastrike. I will post the results when its completed.
                        Attached Files
                        Regards,
                        Joel S.
                        joelsabi @ gmail.com
                        Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• esquiresports
                          • Mar 2012

Joel, I went with plexiglass, and had it cut into two pieces at Lowes. Just make sure you give them exact measurements. I have cut plexi myself, and it is a pain. I thought one piece might be too heavy. You can even notice, because they meet at one of the shelves (the permanent one).

I used some brackets on the left side, which you can see in the photo, and a few pieces of black velcro on the right side. Works like a charm. You have to pre-drill the holes for the bracket screws, and you need to cut the nubs off the screws off from inside the plexiglass, because they stick out. I used a hand nail cutter. $10 or so from Home Depot.

Lastly, I added a remote control LED light picked up from Amazon.com. It gives the display a much more professional look with the light on, I believe.

Scott

Comment

• joelsabi
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by esquiresports
                            Joel, I went with plexiglass, and had it cut into two pieces at Lowes. Just make sure you give them exact measurements. I have cut plexi myself, and it is a pain. I thought one piece might be too heavy. You can even notice, because they meet at one of the shelves (the permanent one).

I used some brackets on the left side, which you can see in the photo, and a few pieces of black velcro on the right side. Works like a charm. You have to pre-drill the holes for the bracket screws, and you need to cut the nubs off the screws off from inside the plexiglass, because they stick out. I used a hand nail cutter. $10 or so from Home Depot.

Lastly, I added a remote control LED light picked up from Amazon.com. It gives the display a much more professional look with the light on, I believe.

Scott

Scott,

Your display looks great. I will take into consideration your tips when I add the plexiglass. I was looking into gluing clear acrylic hinges after examining my acrylic bat cases.
                            Regards,
                            Joel S.
                            joelsabi @ gmail.com
                            Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• Flamechicken
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by esquiresports

Scott

Scott,
                              How thick is the plexiglass that you used?

Mike

Comment

• esquiresports
                                • Mar 2012

It's the thinner of the two choices. I believe 0.09". It costs $50 for a 6 foot sheet. The thicker plexi would probably tear through anything that isn't solid wood. Really heavy. I would avoid it.

Comment

Working...