Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: mets jackets

mets jackets

does anybody remember the mets wearing their blue satin jackets with numbers on their sleeves,(just above the cuff) and mets scripted on the front. thanks, jeff

Re: mets jackets

jeff-I think the starter jackets,the starter windbreakers and the short sleeve warm-ups(numbers on sleeve and last names on back)all had the interlocking "NY" on the left breast . I don't remember any with "Mets" on them. By the way,I think these are more valuable than jerseys because they're one of a kind and virtually impossible to fake.The jackets shell is thicker than what was commercially available and the short sleeve warm-up are even harder to duplicate. I'm interested in any if someone is selling(still saving up for the Strawberry if available Adamh)
    Robert

thanks robert. i have a starter(heavy quilt) with a name on back, and have the half zip with name on back by starter.also have a lite weight,full snap with name on back. the mets on front i got on e-bay for a good price, i bought it because it is made by aladen the manufacturer they used before starter. i cant find any pics with mets on front or number low near the cuff, (but i seem to remember it) this will keep me busy, i wear all the stuff i buy, so i have a new (old) spring jacket to keep me warm to see the mets finally make some noise. thanks fer the reply, sincerely, jeff

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4
    jeff-I think the starter jackets,the starter windbreakers and the short sleeve warm-ups(numbers on sleeve and last names on back)all had the interlocking "NY" on the left breast . I don't remember any with "Mets" on them. By the way,I think these are more valuable than jerseys because they're one of a kind and virtually impossible to fake.The jackets shell is thicker than what was commercially available and the short sleeve warm-up are even harder to duplicate. I'm interested in any if someone is selling(still saving up for the Strawberry if available Adamh)
    Robert
    Robert-
    I have quite a few Mets game worn jackets. If interested, let me know and I can take an inventory and prices. I know I have an old knit Clint Hurdle Starter with NOB, David West super heavy winter jacket with NOB (interesting-there is thick wool in the pockets!) just to name a few. Let me know.
    Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard=please send me your list of met jackets, thanks
    Robert