Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Yankees 2008 Old Timer's Day jerseys

since Steiner says they never received any, just wondering if these are legit because they have no provenance or other letters of authenticity. thanks

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...rby=&tfm_order=

Banned

Re: Yankees 2008 Old Timer's Day jerseys

Although the Gamble looks correct, I'd like to see a photo of Rivers and Bloomberg from this recent game to determine if their shirts were void of the black armband.

If memory serves correct, all players had the black armband when they took the field.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Although the Gamble looks correct, I'd like to see a photo of Rivers and Bloomberg from this recent game to determine if their shirts were void of the black armband.

If memory serves correct, all players had the black armband when they took the field.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net
    The following link has some great photos from the 2008 game, however, not one player's jersey is void of the black armband.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...5.photogallery

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    since Steiner says they never received any, just wondering if these are legit because they have no provenance or other letters of authenticity. thanks

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...by=&tfm_order=
    If I was going to bid on these, I would contact American Memorabilia and ask how the two jerseys are void of the black armbands. Maybe they were removed? Who removes back armbands?

I did some photo searching, and I couldn't find any pictures of players without the black armband from the 2008 game.

thanks all for the help. all the players did have black armbands in tribute of Bobby Murcer and I was also wondering why some of these don't have it. Shouldn't the sleeve show some sort of imprint had the armband been removed?

looks like the ones with no Bobby Murcer memorial armbands have been revised to game issued uniforms

I'm still wary of the Gamble one, here look at the screen caps from the Old Timer's Day Game and notice the location of the buttons on the jersey and how the interlocking NY differs in relation to the pinstripes from what is being auctioned. Anyone else think it's different?

and of course, his jersey number from the Old Timer's Day

Banned

How can these be labeled “game issued”? What game were these issued for? Was there another 2008 Yankees Old Timers game that I’m not aware of that outfitted the past greats in 2008 home jerseys void of the black armbands? Based on EVERY available photo, all players wore jerseys with armbands. As such, how could these be “issued” or prepared for use during this event when they are void of the band? If these had the bands, and were backups or intended to be worn for the 2008 Old Timers Game, then indeed the new description of “game issued” may be a correct description. Possibly “authentic replica” with yeartags and sleeve patches is more fitting?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

so what do you all think of these jerseys, they're very strange indeed. what about the collar tagging with the name, number and year - was that something consistent with this year's Old Timer's jerseys? does anyone have a legit one to compare these to? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Possibly “authentic replica” with yeartags and sleeve patches is more fitting?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net
    hi Howard, why would you consider those as "authentic replica", they have year tags and 0062 wash tagging per the description - doesn't that qualify as an official game jersey designed for on field use like what current players wear? thanks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    hi Howard, why would you consider those as "authentic replica", they have year tags and 0062 wash tagging per the description - doesn't that qualify as an official game jersey designed for on field use like what current players wear? thanks
    "Game issued" is the key question. Would the Yankees actually order more than one set of jerseys for an Old Timers game? If so, why? It's not as if Reggie or Goose may rip their jersey during play, and need another. And if this was the case, and these are the backups, why no black armband? Likewise, if the backups or this second set of "game issued" jerseys was tapped into, why can't we locate a single photo of any player wearing a jersey void of the band?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net