Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Privacy and GUU

Arrow Privacy and GUU

There has been something that has bothered me about the Game Used Forums for quite a while that I thought I would state here. Perhaps people could explain the administrators' thinking on the matter. Anyway, there is a practice on this board of referring to people by their first names. And Chris started referring to me using my first name last month, with other members following.

Additionally, many choose to sign their posts with their last name, as I do. My email address is my first and middle initials, plus my last name, so it is obvious what my last name is, by email alone. That being said, I appreciate not being called by my first name on these boards. Call me "Frik" for those of you who don't already, but I don't need my tastes in game-used memorabilia coming up on Google searches. Are there others who feel the same way as I do?

In my opinion, my love of Astros' memorabilia is private and does not need to be advertised on the internet.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: Privacy and GUU

You've signed posts in the past with your first name.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    You've signed posts in the past with your first name.
    I don't think I have any time recently.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

What would you rather come up when someone googles you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Everyone who wants to participate here first registers with a valid first and last name which can be found in the Hobby Network database on the toolbar at the top of the page.

People here aren't allowed to participate unless they supply this information. Unfortunately I think if you want to remain private, this isn't the place to go.

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    What would you rather come up when someone googles you?
    What I do outside of GUU, not my personal tastes about game-used memorabilia.

-Frik
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

But this is what you do. You can't pick and choose what shows up. I googled you and found a bunch of pictures of you. That would be more invasive to me than the fact that I collect game used items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Everyone who wants to participate here first registers with a valid first and last name which can be found in the Hobby Network database on the toolbar at the top of the page.
    Can I use my first and middle initials? If so, then I will go and edit my registration.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

After googling your name your posts make much more sense.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Post Re: Privacy and GUU

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    In my opinion, my love of Astros' memorabilia is private and does not need to be advertised on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    What I do outside of GUU, not my personal tastes about game-used memorabilia.
    Not looking to pick a fight, but you seem to have volunteered that information yourself already. Below is a quote from an article freely available on the internet via Google search. Ironically, you provided game used memorabilia information in an article that was focused on what you do outside of GUU. (In respect of your privacy, I won't post the link or the question that was asked of you.)

"I have many interests. I am an avid Houston Astros fan, and I have been a devotee since grade school. Jeff Bagwell is a favorite of mine, so I collect his baseball cards and game used memorabilia. ..."
    Curious. If you're concerned about keeping things separate, why sign your posts with your last name? Why not choose an email address that doesn't contain personal information? It seems to me you let the cat halfway out of the bag.

Again, not trying to be critical, but you asked if others feel the same way so it's just my two cents...

By the way, since you brought it up, is Frik a nickname?