Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Looking for Troy Percival GU items

Jeez. I let this slip to page 7. I know you have all been concerned as to where this thread had gone
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Whew, saved this from reaching Page 8!!! Still looking
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Not really sure if I would be interested in unloading it, but I have a 2007 Cardinals road Percival jersey.

Rob,

I know that Rex Hudler has a nice Percy Tigers jersey, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jscott0688 View Post
    Not really sure if I would be interested in unloading it, but I have a 2007 Cardinals road Percival jersey.

Rob,

I know that Rex Hudler has a nice Percy Tigers jersey, LOL
    Cool. Any photos? If and when you decide to let it go, let me know. Might be willing to trade also. Take a look at the website if interested.

Shoot, never thought to approach Hud!! LOL
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob,

By the way, the show with Jim Abbott did not happen this week so I will post the reschedule date when I hear it from Rex.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Rob,

By the way, the show with Jim Abbott did not happen this week so I will post the reschedule date when I hear it from Rex.

Ben
    Hey Ben,

Actually, Abbott was on with Jeff last Tuesday. HUD had a prior commitment and Brennan was sick. It was just Biggs and Abbott broadcasting from under the hats. Great interview. I had planned on going to get my Abbott warmup jersey signed, but didn't go when they decided to broadcast under the hats.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Like I said, I'm not looking to move this right now, but here are some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott0688 View Post
    Like I said, I'm not looking to move this right now, but here are some pics.

Very cool. Please keep me in mind if you want to move it in the future. Also, if anything interests you on my website, let me know. Trades are always good. Take care.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

I bought it from the team so it has a team LOA, but I'm pretty confident that I've photomatched it to three games. Luckily it has a very distinctive feature. Here is a picture of the stitching of the bat knob on the Percival jersey...

and here is how the stitching is supposed to look...

Based on this, I have been able to rule many photos out, but I've also found photos from three games that look very promising.

This is a UPI photo from the last game of the season (9/30/07) in which the stitching appears thicker than it's supposed to be.

This is a photo from a Cardinals-Cubs game on 9/18/07. I think this one is the most promising. I've ordered it in an 11x14 so I should be getting that soon, and hopefully I will be able to confirm it.

There's also an AP photo from the 9/30/07 game in which he appears to be wearing the jersey, but without posting the high resolution photo, which I obviously can't do on here, it's really not all that noticeable.

For comparisons sake, here is a photo from 7-18-07 in which he is obviously not wearing my jersey.