Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Looking for Troy Percival GU items

Quote Originally Posted by jscott0688 View Post
    I bought it from the team so it has a team LOA, but I'm pretty confident that I've photomatched it to three games. Luckily it has a very distinctive feature. Here is a picture of the stitching of the bat knob on the Percival jersey...

and here is how the stitching is supposed to look...

Based on this, I have been able to rule many photos out, but I've also found photos from three games that look very promising.

This is a UPI photo from the last game of the season (9/30/07) in which the stitching appears thicker than it's supposed to be.

This is a photo from a Cardinals-Cubs game on 9/18/07. I think this one is the most promising. I've ordered it in an 11x14 so I should be getting that soon, and hopefully I will be able to confirm it.

There's also an AP photo from the 9/30/07 game in which he appears to be wearing the jersey, but without posting the high resolution photo, which I obviously can't do on here, it's really not all that noticeable.

For comparisons sake, here is a photo from 7-18-07 in which he is obviously not wearing my jersey.

Very cool!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

How many ways is this laughable? Troy really had an impressive 2007 year with the rays, lol

http://historicauctions.com/search/l...ctionid/60085/

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    How many ways is this laughable? Troy really had an impressive 2007 year with the rays, lol

Historic however, is not one of the most dependable auction houses though, so what they have always has to make you wonder and really do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post

Hmm. I wonder who was pitching for the Cardinals? I don't even recall this style of vest and couldn't find any photos of the team wearing those in 2008 or 2009. What's the word Jake?
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

They really do run an incredible auction house. I got an item from there before and at times it makes me wonder.

Just finished researching the Percival vest at Historic Auctions. There is no way Percival ever used this. As Jake said, Percival didn't pitch with the Rays in 2007 which was the last year this style of vest was worn. In addition, Percival hadn't worn a size 48 after he left the Angels. He was wearing a 50 and 52 with the Tigers in 2005 and was upto a 52/54 by the time he was pitching for the Cards in 2007. Crazy.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob,
    Email sent.

I know where a Percival Jersey is up for auction......
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Just finished researching the Percival vest at Historic Auctions. There is no way Percival ever used this. As Jake said, Percival didn't pitch with the Rays in 2007 which was the last year this style of vest was worn. In addition, Percival hadn't worn a size 48 after he left the Angels. He was wearing a 50 and 52 with the Tigers in 2005 and was upto a 52/54 by the time he was pitching for the Cards in 2007. Crazy.
    Oh crap, I did not see this post. You already knew about and dissected the jersey......

Please disregard my email.....

Another reason why jerseys are tough to collect and require a lot of homework.....

Good work Rob!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Oh crap, I did not see this post. You already knew about and dissected the jersey......

Please disregard my email.....

Another reason why jerseys are tough to collect and require a lot of homework.....

Good work Rob!
    Hey Dave, Thanks for the heads up and look out for me.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Hmm. I sent the above information to Heritage, asking for more concrete information regarding the authenticity. They ended up pulling the auction this afternoon.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net