Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2009 Turner Field photography available for photomatches!

Kyle my friend,

I have a 2007 Jeff Francoeur Alternate Red jersey. The Cool Base tag has been shredded (while used) I need to see pics of the shirt on Jeff with a shredded cool base tag to photomatch. Can you be of any assistance?

Thanks Bud!

-Matt
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Kyle my friend,

I have a 2007 Jeff Francoeur Alternate Red jersey. The Cool Base tag has been shredded (while used) I need to see pics of the shirt on Jeff with a shredded cool base tag to photomatch. Can you be of any assistance?

Thanks Bud!

-Matt

Sorry but I wasn't doing any photography in 2007. I started it in 2008.

-Kyle

A few people have e-mailed me asking about the black & white backgrounds. If anybody were to purchase a photo from me, I can make the background like that for free if requested. Here's a few more examples of what they look like:

Also I've been asked a few times what my prices are. Well here's what I have set:

4x6: $1
    5x7: $3
    8x10: $5
    11x14: $8

I also offer full-resolution photos sent via e-mail for $3 (that's if you want to get it printed yourself). These photos look really nice when signed. I can show what a few of my photos look like signed if anybody is looking to see that.

Kyle ~ Wow! You are talented photographer! Some people think all you need is a good camera and lens but you also have to have a great sense of timing, a good eye, and knowledge of the game so you can anticipate a great shot that might be coming up. That's the difference between people who just take pictures and a craftsman.

A word of caution: MLB owns the rights to all images taken of MLB players. I know you are doing it because tit is great fun and to help out collectors ... and it is a perfect match for your photomatching skills. You might want to check it out because sometimes they crack down on photos sold without the MLB holo like Photofile images have.

Keep up the great work!

Sorry. Now THERE'S a typo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    Kyle ~ Wow! You are talented photographer! Some people think all you need is a good camera and lens but you also have to have a great sense of timing, a good eye, and knowledge of the game so you can anticipate a great shot that might be coming up. That's the difference between people who just take pictures and a craftsman.

A word of caution: MLB owns the rights to all images taken of MLB players. I know you are doing it because tit is great fun and to help out collectors ... and it is a perfect match for your photomatching skills. You might want to check it out because sometimes they crack down on photos sold without the MLB holo like Photofile images have.

Keep up the great work!

I know what you mean. I haven't had any problems though. A lot of the ushers at Turner Field know about me and they never say anything (except for a few who try to tell me my lens is too long to be allowed in Turner Field). Normally I've been selling my photography to autograph hounds in the area. There's one lady who I deal with who I give free photos to, and in return she gets me the best seats in the house to take pics (usually the first section above the dugout from my DOLLAR ticket). She also gives my pictures to players so a lot of players on the team like Schafer, Campillo, Infante, etc. all have my photos. When it comes to photomatches, my photography also comes in handy a lot. I helped a forum member last year photomatch a Kelly Johnson helmet from chipped paint that I caught from my photos, and a few months ago I photomatched a Matt Kemp bat I saw on eBay from one of my photos. With the prices Getty charges for a tiny photo ($49 to be precise), I thought having my photos for $5 for an 8x10 is great for display and photomatch purposes.

CC--Are you sure about MLB owning the rights? I'm not sure how MLB can claim ownership over items produced by other people. They own the rights to TV broadcasts since they're considered to have enough originality that they can be copyrighted. But if you went to a game and took photos or even filmed the game, then MLB can't stop you from selling them; in fact, you can copyright them yourself to keep MLB from claiming ownership.

But this is why the teams can sometimes be so obsessive about keeping people from taking photos or especially video--because once you take the photos/video, MLB can't make any money off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by treant985 View Post
    CC--Are you sure about MLB owning the rights? I'm not sure how MLB can claim ownership over items produced by other people. They own the rights to TV broadcasts since they're considered to have enough originality that they can be copyrighted. But if you went to a game and took photos or even filmed the game, then MLB can't stop you from selling them; in fact, you can copyright them yourself to keep MLB from claiming ownership.

But this is why the teams can sometimes be so obsessive about keeping people from taking photos or especially video--because once you take the photos/video, MLB can't make any money off of it.

I've definitely heard about not taking video in Turner Field, but I'm always on/off about the photography. I know photography is allowed in Turner Field, but you can't have a lens extending past 5 inches. Mine is 7 inches but most ushers don't care.

Also.....I made a panoramic photo of Turner Field back when the Astros were in town. If anybody wants it as a desktop background or to print out, then be my guest to use it!:

http://i40.tinypic.com/280odc3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by treant985 View Post

Not true on pretty much all you mention here. You can't individually copyright a photo because they own it, even if you took the photo. The own all rights to each players' image.

Does anyone have a current baseball ticket handy to post? It used to say this on the back of every ticket.

From the back of an Indians ticket, I would think all have the same disclaimer:

"The holder is admitted to Progressive Field on the condition that the ticketholder will not transmit or aid in transmitting any description, account, picture, viedo, audio, reproduction, or other information concerning the game and game events to which this ticket admits".
    email is matmuell at umich.edu