Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Looking for Troy Percival GU items

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Just finished researching the Percival vest at Historic Auctions. There is no way Percival ever used this. As Jake said, Percival didn't pitch with the Rays in 2007 which was the last year this style of vest was worn. In addition, Percival hadn't worn a size 48 after he left the Angels. He was wearing a 50 and 52 with the Tigers in 2005 and was upto a 52/54 by the time he was pitching for the Cards in 2007. Crazy.
    Hmm. I sent the above information to Heritage, asking for more concrete information regarding the authenticity. They ended up pulling the auction this afternoon.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

I finally received the photo today and I think it's pretty safe to say that I have a photomatch.

Here is a scan of the photo:

And again here is an actual picture of the jersey that I took:

and this is how the stitching is supposed to look:

Quote Originally Posted by jscott0688 View Post
    I finally received the photo today and I think it's pretty safe to say that I have a photomatch.

Here is a scan of the photo:

And again here is an actual picture of the jersey that I took:

and this is how the stitching is supposed to look:

Looks pretty good to me. Nice jersey.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Back to the top! Annoyed yet? Then sell me your Percival items
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

It's been quite on the Percy front lately. Can someone help out a friend?
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

OK, we're moving again on the Percival front. Lets keep it going! Anyone looking to move a Percival item?
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

2 jerseys in today's! I'm feeling lucky! Anything available?
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

6 month bump. Anything available?
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net