Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OT: Signer you've been waiting to surface

We frequently see threads on here asking what item you've been waiting to surface on the market. How about a signer?

What brings this to mind is that I just found out that Steve Garvey is going to be signing in Phoenix in September. About five years ago, Pete Rose was here and signed my copy of that famous photo of him standing at First after his record-setting hit - the photo which, of course, also features Garvey standing to one side, smiling. I've been waiting for Garvey to surface ever since, so he can sign the photo, too.

I'm used to going to these signings weighted down with bats and jerseys and all manner of stuff, 'cause they're always guys that I collect. It's gonna be weird going up there with just one item. Maybe I'll get Garvey to sign a ball for me, too, for the heck of it. The signing tickets are only twenty bucks.

Re: OT: Signer you've been waiting to surface

I would like to see Babe Ruth do a public signing even though I heard he died in August 16, 1948. He seems to have signed more balls since that date than before that date.

I'd like to get Albert Pujols and Mark McGwire at a public signing if prices were reasonable as well as Barry Bonds---if he would sign all items as he has a habit of turning away legit items.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

although the prices for some of these players would be sky high, i would probably pony up for at least one of them.

Sandy Koufax
    Mark McGwire
    Carl Yastrzemski
    Jeff Bagwell
    Craig Biggio
    Ichiro Suzuki

.....and Ray Lankford (the bastard has went into hiding apparently)

just my short list.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I would like to see Babe Ruth do a public signing even though I heard he died in August 16, 1948. He seems to have signed more balls since that date than before that date.
    You're in luck, Andrew. Ruth, Gehrig, Mathewson, Jackson, Plank and Anson are all doing private signings in Souderton, PA next month, and the month after that, and the month after that. I think SCD's doing a story about it.

I would like to see Chris Chambliss to do some signings by were i live. I have one of his bats and also his game used yankee ERA hat that i would like to get signed. I also want to ask him if he remembers how many hats they were issued each year.

Mr.3000

I hope Cal Ripken woul dbe signing locally sometime soon. I'd like to get him to sign my 3000 Hit Club ball. He's one of 11 I still need to sign it.

I need:

Yount
    Brett
    Winfield
    Murray
    Molitor
    Gwynn
    Boggs
    Ripken
    Henderson
    Palmeiro
    Biggio

Ripken's next public signing will be in northern Jersey in mid December as part of MAB's "Magic Monikers 2" show...

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Ripken's next public signing will be in northern Jersey in mid December as part of MAB's "Magic Monikers 2" show...

Anyway you could email me the details? I'd really appreciate it, I'd love to attend.

Banned

Well this one is easy Carl Everett and Dustin Hermanson. I started a White Sox 2005 world series ball and only wanted the 25 man roster plus coaches. I dont think im ever going to get Hermanson.

alfonso soriano would fill a need for a few items for me
    pjb