Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OT: Chad Johnson is now Chad Ocho Cinco

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    A guy who likes attention and will abuse things just to receive more attention will always find people preaching negatives towards them because some people just want everyone to be a nine to fiver and go to work and go home and don't bother us with your life.
    To each their own, but I just prefer when players / atheletes do this kind of thing that they actually be good. Kind of a form of trash talking - you look silly when you get your @ss beat. Step up and help your team win a Superbowl first. These kinds of antics just cause distractions and drive head coaches and managers crazy. I'm not saying there is no place for stuff like this in sports, but just not by this guy! It would probably be appropriate for Tiger Woods to change his name to Ocho Cinco.

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    It would probably be appropriate for Tiger Woods to change his name to Ocho Cinco.
    I don't know Spanish, but to make more sense, Tiger would probably be Uno (No. 1) Woods. I'm not a big viewing golf fan and Tiger is not necessarily my favorite, but when you put you money where your mouth is, you can do pretty much what you want.

Avery Johnson commonly refered to David Robinson as "five-oh", instead of "fifty". People with common sense realize that is a nickname. Would all you haters be happy if he changed his name to "He Hate Me"?
    I agree with Joel, again. Dang, the apocalypse is near...

Also Joe Forte (hoop player from UNC) wore number "40". What a distraction!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Avery Johnson commonly refered to David Robinson as "five-oh", instead of "fifty". People with common sense realize that is a nickname. Would all you haters be happy if he changed his name to "He Hate Me"?
    I agree with Joel, again. Dang, the apocalypse is near...

Also Joe Forte (hoop player from UNC) wore number "40". What a distraction!!!!!
    I'm not sure why I'm actually responding to this, other than I think you missed the entire point. I didn't read anybody on this post as a "hater". Have you sat behind the dugout at an MLB game, or for that matter, been up close at any sport at any level. Players and coaches call their players and teammates by their number in that manner all the time. I call my son "four-one" when he's in the box or on the mound in little league. That doesn't make it their nickname. Also, none of the guys you mention sewed their "nickname" to their jersey.

Basically, Chad Johnson did something similar to Jim McMahon defying Pete Rozelle with the headband stuff. Only thing is Johnson took it to a whole new level so he could make a point. I'll I'm saying is that it would be a lot funnier if he had a Superbowl ring on his finger.

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    Have you sat behind the dugout at an MLB game, or for that matter, been up close at any sport at any level.
    Are you trying to "bigtime" me? Do you think you're better than me? I used to play little league in one of the littlest leagues in the country. I was an all-star. Can you read? A freakin' all-star. I could have made the bigs, except I was too short.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    So does this mean that he can legally wear a jersey with the name "Ocho Cinco" on the nameplate, now?
    It's official. Ocho Cinco can now be put on the back of his jersey!!! I predict this to be the #1 selling jersey in the Bengals viewing area!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500