Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brianborsch
    • Dec 2005

Re: September Pick-Ups

Just picked up this sweet Tim Lincecum Game Issued LVS M9 bat. I am still trying to confirm when this was ordered. Have not heard back from Brian yet...

Brian B.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2239.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	646130

Name:	IMG_2240.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	646131

Name:	IMG_2244.jpg
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	646132

Comment

• Danny899
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by kingjammy24
      hey dan

that '91 gamer sounds amazing. one thing i've always wondered about rickey's 90s gamers was what the proper size should be. i've seen 42s and 44s and i'm not sure which would be correct for 1990-93. any ideas? what size was your '91 gamer? also, i'm not sure if rickey took the same size in his 1990 and 1991 rawlings (a's) jerseys as he did in his 1992 and 1993 russells (a's) and 1993 wilson (jays). i imagine different brands fit slightly differently.

rudy.
      Rudy,
      I believe all of the Henderson jerseys from that era 90-93 were 42s. Later on he began wearing 44s and even 46 on some Majestics. There are cut Dodgers jerseys with his own COA that show a 6200 wash tag, which pretty much destroys the myth that only 0062s are game worn. Yes, different brands definetely fit differently. But most, if not all the jerseys, buth pullovers and button downs from 1980 until at least 93 have been 42s. Just beware of all those 91 Set 1's out there. There were a lot made up but they show 0 wear. And after seeing that cut 91 jersey with the All-star patch remains and serious heavy wear, I think (and this is just my thinking) that Rickey wore this jersey almost exclusively for most of the season. Any other shirt worn he may have kept since it's from a record breaking year.
      Dan

Comment

• kingjammy24
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Danny899
        Rudy,
        I believe all of the Henderson jerseys from that era 90-93 were 42s. Later on he began wearing 44s and even 46 on some Majestics...But most, if not all the jerseys, buth pullovers and button downs from 1980 until at least 93 have been 42s. Dan
        dan,

2 things:

1) the '93 WS henderson gamer that we saw is a size 44.

2) in sotheby's halper auction catalog there's a 1990 henderson home gamer. it comes with a letter written by henderson that reads: "To: Mr. Barry Halper - This 1990 Oakland A's jersey was worn by Henderson on May 29, 1990 when Rickey stole his 893rd base, breaking Ty Cobb's American League record.. - Rickey Henderson". it's a size 44. (with "1 90" strip tag).

3) 1993 henderson jays road gamer - size 44 - http://www.lelands.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=63905

4) 1993 henderson jays home gamer with jays loa - size 44 - http://www.lelands.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=55240

here's an interesting one. it's from 1993: http://www.lelands.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=65911
        it's a size 42. him taking a 44 in 1990 and a 42 in 1993 doesn't make much sense to me.

lots of confusion over 42 vs 44.

rudy.

Comment

• r_phelps
          • Sep 2007

couple of nice MLB bats
          Attached Files

Comment

• Danny899
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by kingjammy24
            dan,

2 things:

1) the '93 WS henderson gamer that we saw is a size 44.

2) in sotheby's halper auction catalog there's a 1990 henderson home gamer. it comes with a letter written by henderson that reads: "To: Mr. Barry Halper - This 1990 Oakland A's jersey was worn by Henderson on May 29, 1990 when Rickey stole his 893rd base, breaking Ty Cobb's American League record.. - Rickey Henderson". it's a size 44. (with "1 90" strip tag).

3) 1993 henderson jays road gamer - size 44 - http://www.lelands.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=63905

4) 1993 henderson jays home gamer with jays loa - size 44 - http://www.lelands.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=55240

here's an interesting one. it's from 1993: http://www.lelands.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=65911
            it's a size 42. him taking a 44 in 1990 and a 42 in 1993 doesn't make much sense to me.

lots of confusion over 42 vs 44.

rudy.
            Rudy,
            You are correct about the 1993 WS jersey, I should have looked before posting. "24 93 1" in the collar. I even looked in my Halper catalog at the 1990 jersey, right you are again. The 3 90's I am familiar with however, including a post seaon jersey are all 42's. I understand your statement about the confusion over 42 and 44 sizing, however since they are close to each other as opposed to a 42 and a 50 for instance, I don't see a real concern for future purchasing purposes. I appreciate your knowledge and great insight. Obviously they are more well informed Henderson collectors out there than I! Thanks.
            Dan

Comment

• gatorcollector
              • Aug 2005

I just got this Ryan Raburn 2007 home Tigers jersey from Splinters From The Pine. The MLB hologram dates it to 9/26/07. Raburn made a diving catch and the jersey shows the corresponding stains.

Comment

• SkubeBats
                Banned
                • May 2006

Hello,
                I just received this Rickey Weeks bat today. I was able to get this bat from a forum member.
                Thanks,
                Jamie
                jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

P.S. I'm always looking for Milwaukee Brewers game used bats.
                Attached Files

Comment

• harrid4
                  • Jan 2008

I picked up a Game Used bat from a Columbus Clippers stint of Shane Spencer's in 2001. This bat was originally purchased in the Columbus Clippers team store.

On Monday, I met Shane Spencer at a minor league ball game and he signed the bat for me.

Comment

• harrid4
                    • Jan 2008

I also picked up a game used New Britian Rock Cats hat of JT Thomas from the 2005 season. It was originally obtained by Pat Neshek (a teammate of his now with the Twins).

Comment

• Rboitano
                      • Nov 2005

Here is a 1996 Mcgwire and a 2000 cracked Mcgwire both with great use.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• gameused
                        • Nov 2005

Nice Mac bats, that's one "DEEP" seam mark near the centerbrand......."WOW"!

Bobby

Comment

• joelsabi
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by ironmanfan
                          I know we have one last day in August, but after 160 plus great posts for August, I thought I'd get September started with this...

Directly from Cal Ripken Jr.'s personal collection (and now in mine) is the "400 Home Run" jersey that the Orioles presented to him in a ceremony shortly after he hit his 400th Career Home Run in September 1999.
                          wow did you get this? amazing piece
                          Regards,
                          Joel S.
                          joelsabi @ gmail.com
                          Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• MUSEOVEN
                            • Aug 2007

Hello: Today I Recided A Lot Of Memorabilia For My Collection

Carlos Gonzalez Signed Bat
                            Carlos Guillen Signed Helmet

Reyner Laya Game Used Jersey (thanks Momen)
                            Omar Infante Game Used Jacket
                            Angel Guzman Game Used Jersey
                            Wilson Alvarez Game Used Jersey
                            Attached Files

Comment

• MUSEOVEN
                              • Aug 2007

Carlos Silva Marineros Game Used Jersey
                              Attached Files

Comment

• platinum1
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by MUSEOVEN
                                Carlos Silva Marineros Game Used Jersey
                                Nice items . Hey Museoven can you please send me an email I have a question for you
                                edgar@platinummemorabilia.net

Comment

Working...