Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Shea Stadium Seat Problem

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    I have an orange unrestored seat sitting in my basement. Have I exposed my family to lead? Should I restore this seats metal frames to replace the orginal paint? Is it too late and the damage is done? I get my kids check ups once a year and have had the seat in my basement for the last 2 years and have had no health issues. How long does it take for lead paint on a stadium seat frame to affect someone in an enclosed environment? Is this even an issue at all? Are there any Stadium seat collectors out there who have had original lead based painted seats indoors for years and are suffering from lead related brain damage?

Unless the paint is chipping or flaking, it shouldnt be a problem. The lead paint has to be ingested to cause damage. If there is any loose paint, you might want to get the striped and painted.

I think the Mets are just being cautious here.

Re: Shea Stadium Seat Problem

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    Unless the paint is chipping or flaking, it shouldnt be a problem. The lead paint has to be ingested to cause damage. If there is any loose paint, you might want to get the striped and painted.

I think the Mets are just being cautious here.
    Thanks Bulbus!

It will be interesting to see how the Yankees will handle the subsequent seat sales given what the Mets have done already.

David