Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Again Why Was My For Sale Thread Deleted??? Admins??

Mr Cavalier,
    I have no idea what it takes to create the new platform. With all the new policies and fees that ebay has made, I think it would be a great time for you/the forum to roll out with the new platform. If you can create a platform cheaper than ebay I beleive you have a great shot at making something huge out of it. I personally list on ebay and the fees are deeply cutting into what profit is left. I for one would gladly participate here rather than ebay if your fees are reasonable. With the knowledge and traffic you have here on this forum you have the opportunity to make this forum a huge success. Just my opinion. With Respect, Bill
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

forgot to mention. when I listed items for sale on the old platform in this forum I would have more views here than on ebay.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    Mr Cavalier,
    I have no idea what it takes to create the new platform. With all the new policies and fees that ebay has made, I think it would be a great time for you/the forum to roll out with the new platform. If you can create a platform cheaper than ebay I beleive you have a great shot at making something huge out of it. I personally list on ebay and the fees are deeply cutting into what profit is left. I for one would gladly participate here rather than ebay if your fees are reasonable. With the knowledge and traffic you have here on this forum you have the opportunity to make this forum a huge success. Just my opinion. With Respect, Bill
    Hello Bill,

Thank you for your feedback. We have actually worked on developing a platform and it is just about ready to rollout (we did some QA testing and are making a few modifications before it goes live). Notably, we also have a number of other things going on right now that has caused this to take longer than expected. However, it should be ready soon.

Thanks again.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    I think a valid point is a little communication would go a long way. If the now for-profit, corporate oriented admins would message or email the offender telling them their post is being removed and why, it would go a long way toward both eliminating the mystery and soothing the ruffled feathers.
    I see Chris passed right by my comment. Chris, if you or yours are going to nuke posts don't you think the courtesy of communication with the poster as to the act and why it was taken is in order? Seems like a minimal courtesy.

Jason,

I sent you an email about one of your items.

Thanks a lot
    Tom

TFig27@aol.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    I see Chris passed right by my comment. Chris, if you or yours are going to nuke posts don't you think the courtesy of communication with the poster as to the act and why it was taken is in order? Seems like a minimal courtesy.
    Hello Michael,

The following has been stated in the user agreement "This forum is being offered as a service to our members and we will not be sending warning emails to offenders, etc. Selling on this forum is free and is being offered exclusively at the request of our members."

If a post is removed, the poster can simply read the user agreement, which is their responsibility to read before posting, to know why.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Banned

Suave,

I feel your pain! You stand to be competition to the owner's of this forum. Something has been bugging me for a few months as I have watched a great idea of a "collectors forum" turn into a dwindling business proposition. I am 29 years old, and even though young, I have had some unique business experience. I have always lived by a theory that there are two key ingedients to a "good" business - asset management and people.

First, asset management. Well, this site is relatively cheap. I have partial ownership in multiple storefronts and shopping centers. You want to talk about major operating expense, then just pay a annual franchise fee or landlord's square foot rent. Ouch! Also, if you were very eager to develop a platform for selling by all, then do it. Bill Gates, Mark Cuban, and Michael Dell didn't develop Windows, Yahoo, or Dell overnight, not over a year, but we are talking about a simple selling platform. Come on guys! Either do it or don't do it; roll it out with kinks, that is what a new version or upgrade or patch is for. Don't over promise and under deliver! If you are going to hype the asset, make it happen!

Second, and most importantly, people. Chris Cavalier has financed and developed a great idea into what is here today. Apparently, they operate successful auctions and have the ability to develop relationships that we all know about through spam (i.e. Cowboys/Steiner). However, Chris and others would be looking for something else to do if it wasn't for all of us that started with the small annual fee. If it wasn't for US bringing all of the knowledge to the table, this forum would be as worthless as any other chat room. With that being said, when was the last time any of us have gotten a thank you for contributing? Instead, we deal with a high and mighty attitude, egos of the admin (Sorry Chris, most of your posts come off as condescending).

Isn't it ashame that as I finish writing this, I realize it will probably be deleted by the owners of this site. But, the good news is that they read it, and will eventually realize the mistake they have made. Oh well, I am just a 29 year old "young kid," but I have made my first Million for a reason. And I assure you it wasn't for selling $15 bats!

Good Luck,

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    Oh well, I am just a 29 year old "young kid," but I have made my first Million for a reason.
    Chris
    We're all very impressed. I may be broke, but I have a really hot wife.

Banned

Chris,

This is also stated in the user agreement. Perhaps the administrators should adhere to that part too.

"nor will Game Used Universe moderate this forum"

We had a nice forum here before Eric sold it to GUU. It was actually for collectors and dealers, or anybody that wanted to contribute.

Now it is just another business that makes a profit off of someone else's work and knowledge.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Michael,

The following has been stated in the user agreement "This forum is being offered as a service to our members and we will not be sending warning emails to offenders, etc. Selling on this forum is free and is being offered exclusively at the request of our members."

If a post is removed, the poster can simply read the user agreement, which is their responsibility to read before posting, to know why.
    Well, Chris, if you're too busy trying to make a profit off the GUU forum community to abide by common forum courtesies (user agreement notwithstanding), then let me suggest as a 54 year old businessman navigating the waters of the service industry for the past 25 years, that you might benefit from some customer service training.

Removing forum posts without any communication is bad form in a non-profit environment, let alone in a business one. Not to mention it produces unnecessarily bad PR.