Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Again Why Was My For Sale Thread Deleted??? Admins??

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Chris
    We're all very impressed. I may be broke, but I have a really hot wife.
    BTPH,

Good point! I guess I am fortunate to have both; especialy considering I found my wife before I figured out how to make money! I guess she loves me for more than money, or was just hoping my brains were going to pan out!

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    BTPH,

Good point! I guess I am fortunate to have both; especialy considering I found my wife before I figured out how to make money! I guess she loves me for more than money, or was just hoping my brains were going to pan out!
    C - That may be one of the better responses I've seen in a while!

Beauty, brains, bucks ($,$$$,$$$), brawn (?), and balls,

and bats---lots of bats! Biggio, Bagwell, Berkman, etc.

Living the American Dream!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Andrew! Haha! Like that. I might get criticized for not having an accurate count of how many houses . . . I mean bats . . . I own. Haha! Just kidding, I just have one house. I am disappointment to the Grand Old Party!

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    C - That may be one of the better responses I've seen in a while!

Beauty, brains, bucks ($,$$$,$$$), brawn (?), and balls,

and bats---lots of bats! Biggio, Bagwell, Berkman, etc.

Living the American Dream!
    Wow. You just gave a new meaning to the Killer B's!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Chris
    We're all very impressed. I may be broke, but I have a really hot wife.
    ME TOO!

Here she is at a boring Cardnials-Pirates game that we made it through the 6th inning before leaving. The hot dogs and cupcakes in the club lounge were really good.

Name:  St. Louis May 2008 (13).JPG
Views: 277
Size:  54.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    Suave,

I feel your pain! You stand to be competition to the owner's of this forum. Something has been bugging me for a few months as I have watched a great idea of a "collectors forum" turn into a dwindling business proposition. I am 29 years old, and even though young, I have had some unique business experience. I have always lived by a theory that there are two key ingedients to a "good" business - asset management and people.

First, asset management. Well, this site is relatively cheap. I have partial ownership in multiple storefronts and shopping centers. You want to talk about major operating expense, then just pay a annual franchise fee or landlord's square foot rent. Ouch! Also, if you were very eager to develop a platform for selling by all, then do it. Bill Gates, Mark Cuban, and Michael Dell didn't develop Windows, Yahoo, or Dell overnight, not over a year, but we are talking about a simple selling platform. Come on guys! Either do it or don't do it; roll it out with kinks, that is what a new version or upgrade or patch is for. Don't over promise and under deliver! If you are going to hype the asset, make it happen!

Second, and most importantly, people. Chris Cavalier has financed and developed a great idea into what is here today. Apparently, they operate successful auctions and have the ability to develop relationships that we all know about through spam (i.e. Cowboys/Steiner). However, Chris and others would be looking for something else to do if it wasn't for all of us that started with the small annual fee. If it wasn't for US bringing all of the knowledge to the table, this forum would be as worthless as any other chat room. With that being said, when was the last time any of us have gotten a thank you for contributing? Instead, we deal with a high and mighty attitude, egos of the admin (Sorry Chris, most of your posts come off as condescending).

Isn't it ashame that as I finish writing this, I realize it will probably be deleted by the owners of this site. But, the good news is that they read it, and will eventually realize the mistake they have made. Oh well, I am just a 29 year old "young kid," but I have made my first Million for a reason. And I assure you it wasn't for selling $15 bats!

Good Luck,

Great post and very well said!

Banned

I have to agree with the above reply. Very well said Chris. It reminds me of something very near and dear to all Americans who love this country. "We the people"!! My how we forget we all have the power and you're right. Where would this site be without any and all who contribute?

Aaron

Banned

First I would like to say to all the members that made a comment THANK YOU!!! It was refreshing to see the thoughts of members on this topic with out an argument being started and with intelligent comments that forced me to think more into all this.

Yet the Admin (Chris Cavalier) as much as I appreciate you stepping in and making a comment all you really did was hide behind your blanket rules and I was a bit dissapointed by that.
    If you want to say in the rules you do not have to respond to why my thread was deleted that is fine.
    But instead you post that it could of been one of 2 possibilities which I don't understand how that makes things anything better. Because your not stating it is one of 2 definites but possibilities.

Now you say I am being classified as a possible dealer and that is fine I can live with that, but yet how did you come to this conclucsion if you dont want to answer and hide behind the rules of the forum answer this how did you classify me as being a dealer???? You said because I have a lot of inventory to sell??? That makes me a dealer a (collector) is not allowed to have a lot of things???

Since answering a question as to how you classify people is not in the forum rules I would expect an answer to this?

As far as this being a forum for collectors. GUU has made an agreement with Steiner/Cowboys and has also started GUU Auction which is for profit, to me that classifies you as being a dealer. So are you saying the admins of the forum are going to stop advertising since GUU has become in itself a dealer of sports memorabilia????

I have said it before and will say it again.

The admins lack of communication is quite bothersome, and shows a lack of respect for its members.

The lack of communication and hiding behind your little rules has a ring of being too good, high and mighty or even a dictatorship.

First it was the lack of updates about when the for sale section would come out.

Now they cannot have the common courtesy to respond to your members questions.

Others have said this as well, without the forums members , where would GUU be????

If you all keep pissing enough members off, soon you won't have any members to piss off.

Then we all can go on other sites or start new ones!

I do not post nearly as much on this forum and will continue to not do so.

Don't forget about the people who made this site what it was a few months ago and what it could be today!

Will I be banned now for speaking my mind?
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

My take on the situation is this. For sale section was closed originally for the 1st auction (understandable). It was supposed to be brought back after the auction closed, however the owners of the forum decided to have a new platform (great !). Leaving the old for sale section closed. It was closed for a LONG time. Members wanted the for sale section brought back, it happened after a long period of time. Brought back for the convenience of the members at the members request. Perhaps the old section was still closed because the admins did not have enough time to police it as it seems to be the issue now (takes alot of time to babysit when you have other priorities). But with that said the for sale section is now open, it has listed rules for all to see. I do not understand how you can classify every person as a dealer or collector (I would not want to try). I look at both sides of the argument. I see an opportunity to have the for sale section open and left for all to enjoy, I aslo see that the door can be closed too. Just my take.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !