Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ocho Cinco Costs Mucho Dinero!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,106605

The cost to Johnson for changing his name and jersey!

David

Re: Ocho Cinco Costs Mucho Dinero!

¿Cuál es la gran cosa? Él cambió su nombre. Es un país libre. Aposté que él vende una barcada de jerseys. Pregúntese cuánto un " firmado; eighty-five" ¿Jersey vendería para? Él conseguirá probablemente mucho dinero de repartos del endoso. ¡Señor de largo vivo Chad Johnson!

yah, I'm sure there are just oodles of people dying to wear a Bengals jersey........way to go 85

As Kramer would say, "I didn't think that far ahead."

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    ¿Cuál es la gran cosa? Él cambió su nombre. Es un país libre. Aposté que él vende una barcada de jerseys. Pregúntese cuánto un " firmado; eighty-five" ¿Jersey vendería para? Él conseguirá probablemente mucho dinero de repartos del endoso. ¡Señor de largo vivo Chad Johnson!
    Someone please translate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Translated:

Which is the great thing? He changed his name. It is a free country. I bet that it sells a boatload of jerseys. Pregúntese how much " signed; eighty-five" Jersey would sell stops? He will secure probably much money of distributions of the endorsement. Gentleman of alive length the Chad Johnson!

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Translated:

Which is the great thing? He changed his name. It is a free country. I bet that it sells a boatload of jerseys. Pregúntese how much " signed; eighty-five" Jersey would sell stops? He will secure probably much money of distributions of the endorsement. Gentleman of alive length the Chad Johnson!
    If anything AT BEST he may break even. Yes it's a free country but that doesn't mean that there aren't consiquences to your actions. I understand Reebok's stance and I think it's justified. I'm sure they're dying to re-sign this guy to another endorsement deal<sarcastic> They should make the necks wider in the "Ocho Cinco" jerseys to fit over this guy's over inflated head. "Ocho Cinco" may also think about starting to play well and earning his money the old fashion way...by being productive rather than being the shock-jock of the NFL.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane80 View Post
    If anything AT BEST he may break even. Yes it's a free country but that doesn't mean that there aren't consiquences to your actions. I understand Reebok's stance and I think it's justified. I'm sure they're dying to re-sign this guy to another endorsement deal<sarcastic> They should make the necks wider in the "Ocho Cinco" jerseys to fit over this guy's over inflated head. "Ocho Cinco" may also think about starting to play well and earning his money the old fashion way...by being productive rather than being the shock-jock of the NFL.
    That is fine if you feel that way, but I believe the guy is having fun and Reebok and The NFL have no right to tell a person they cannot legally change their name - For any reason - It is not their business.

I feel the guy changed his name and did it legally so who is Big Brother to tell him he cannot go by that name?

I think the relevance of Chad Johnson (or Ocho Cinco) the persona has permanently surpassed that of Chad Johnson the player.

He'd better have a good year this year on the field, because if he has a poor one he'll look like a joke. Whatever your name, kids don't want to buy the jersey of a guy who had 29 catches and 1 touchdown.