Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tigerdale
    • Dec 2007

lineup cards

I have a collection of detroit tigers lineup cards (the small size exchanged at home plate)...I have at least one per season over the past 25 years. I also have some from the 70's, 60's & 50's (very few). I have one from the 1937 season....just curious whats out there or if any collectors have some older than that..........
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net
  • JCC1968
    • Nov 2005

Re: lineup cards

Dale

This one is for you!

JCC1968

Comment

• salukidave
      • Jan 2007

Sounds like a great collection. I think manager lineup cards as well as dugout lineup cards are quite undervalued. They display great, are legit game-used items and usually feature the handwriting of the manager listing the big names from both teams.

I have a couple dozen or so White Sox dugout lineup cards and nearly the same amount of White Sox manager lineup cards. They're among the coolest collectibles in my collection. What's not to dig about a White Sox vs. Baltimore dugout lineup card with Cal Ripken Jr. on it during his streak? Or a manager's card listing Sammy Sosa as a rookie? Or a dugout card featuring rookie Frank Thomas in the same lineup as Hall of Famer Carlton Fisk?

Comment

• skyking26
        • Dec 2005

I have a Cubs road 1979 lineup card available for $50. skyking442@hotmail.com
        ROBERT KOPPEL
        Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
        and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• tigerdale
          • Dec 2007

Sorry For The Delay In Posting Some Pics...heres A 50's, 60's, 80's & 90's.........
          Attached Files
          always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
          Thank you, Dale
          tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• harpt
            • May 2007

Those are so cool.

It's interesting how different Anderson's auto looks on those cards compared to the ball posted in this thread. You'd never believe it's the same dude.

Then again, my sig can look pretty drastically different from one day to another too.
            Scott Harpt
            scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
            Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• harpt
              • May 2007

Now that I look again, those sigs are as much as 26 years apart...Spark would have been pretty old in '06. It stands to reason that his autograph would look different than when he was a spry 90-something in 1980.
              Scott Harpt

Comment

• tigerdale
                • Dec 2007

very true, it was many years ago, plus , on top of age, I believe Sparky has been battling a form of parkinsons too.....my main collection is tigers, but over the years, I have picked up a few others...a yankee lineup w/ mantle & marris, even a red sox one w/ Williams...they are great history.
                Thank you, Dale
                tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• harpt
                  • May 2007

Congratulations on a VERY cool collection.
                  Scott Harpt

Comment

• tigerdale
                    • Dec 2007

just to add to my original post....in the past few months, I also picked up a 1968 lineup card from the detroit tigers...something I never thought I would ever get!!
                    Thank you, Dale
                    tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• tigerdale
                      • Dec 2007

this will be my newest addition.....washington senators ted williams carbon...
                      Attached Files
                      Thank you, Dale
                      tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• tigerdale
                        • Dec 2007

hows this for another lineup twist or collectable....having a lineup from a person when they were a player, then a manager...I know this happens a lot, but the older ones are tough...heres Ted Williams & sparky anderson....sparky was tough, as he was only a player for one season!!!
                        Attached Files
                        Thank you, Dale
                        tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• tigerdale
                          • Dec 2007

Its been awhile, thought I'd post more of my lineup (& dugout) cards....
                          first is a july 3, 1973...Gaylord vs Jim Perry (only time!!)...Clevelands signed by Gaylord & Detroits signed by Jim....the second photo of from the angles dugout May 24, 1984...the day the tigers became 35-5!!!!
                          Finally a 1937 tigers (filled out on a St Louis card)...
                          Attached Files
                          Thank you, Dale
                          tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• tigerdale
                            • Dec 2007

picked up a 1944 tiger lineup card...ripped corner...but a pretty old one!!
                            Attached Files
                            Thank you, Dale
                            tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• Topnotchsy
                              • Jul 2017

New member here, though some of you may know me from other baseball collectible related sites.

Love this thread as I almost never come across people who collect lineup cards. (Did a search for "lineup cards" so I know I am bumping a very old thread...)

I seem to be having trouble posting pictures now, but my primary focus is on line-up cards from Hall of Fame managers and I've been able to pick up some pretty nice ones including Ted Williams, Walt Alston, Joe Torre, Bucky Harris and a few others. I also have a couple of World Series line-up cards. And probably the most "special" line-up cards I have are from George Brett's 3,000 hit game.

If someone can help me on posting scans that would be great (I keep getting messages that the files are too large...

Comment

Working...