Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Jorge Posada Helmet on AM

Check out this helmet:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=26454

Earliest known???????? First of all, the Steiner letter states that it is a 2002 game used helmet. I know Steiner makes mistakes on the years, but Jorge did NOT wear number 20 in 1995 or 1996. He wore 41 then 55. Started using 20 in 1997. The font of the number doesnt look right either, but maybe they used different fonts sometimes? I hate to start another thread ripping AM, but they need to get their act together!

Re: Jorge Posada Helmet on AM

While we're on the topic, can someone please post again the proper way to tell the date on an ABC batting helmet?

It was discussed on the old site, but can we re-approach it here?
    Thanks
    Eric

That is a good question Eric. I always thought the year was in the center and the arrow points to the month.

Banned

I WANT TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS HELMET AND WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED AMERICAN MEMOROBILIA?

First of all i would like to say I extremely highly doubt this is a jorge posada game used helmet.

I will tell you why:
    I happend to be a big fan of Jorge Posada and happen to know a bit his consistany in wearing his helmets bcuz I find it to be one of the unique things about Posada.

I have seen plenty of his helmets in person from Steiner and other sources, and his huge and main characteristic of his use is tons and i do mean tons of pine tar he puts on his helmet to the point where i think the just ship him pine tar just to smudge on his helmet. I have never seen a game used helmet of his with out aq TON ( i do mean a ton, it gets to the point where his helmet looks nasty ). He puts tons of pine tar on his bat and constantly duriong the game touches his helmet if you watch a Yankee game you will see him touch his helmet a thousand times its just a quirk of Posadas to touch, fix, push up his helmet so you see tons of pine tar on it that come from his hands.

This helmet not only does not show one drop of pine tar its actually shing in as if it was new.

Which leads me to beleive it maybe Game isseud not used. Now the letter I find a bit interesting also its (NOT AN LOA) its a letter of opinion i never heard of Steiner issuing an opinion letter, AND the letter does not have a hologram Steiner letters always have a hologram.

Something is fishy here!!!!!

Suave, that is the "temporary" letter that Steiner was issuing for a while (without the hologram). If you return that letter to them now, they will issue a new letter with the hologram. About a month ago, I sent in 4 of those temporary LOA's for the pemanent letters. I have no idea why they did this. I asked them, they said they were working with the Yankees on a nice permanent letter. Well, the permanent LOA isnt much different??

Something is fishy here. I dont think that letter goes with that helmet. I think that Steiner knows how to read the date inside the helmet and they did not make a mistake.

If I am not mistaken, those were the Steiner letters that were sent out when they first started selling items. Since last December, they have asked people to turn in these old letters for new ones which have the hologram.

The letter mentioned in the AMI listing says "The letter is internded to serve as a temporary article of authentication for the memorabilia listed below."

I had letters like this that I exchanged for the proper ones.

Here is a pic of a different Posada that Steiner was selling

Eric

Banned

Eric well that was only one of my concerns, which makes you wonder why hasn't this letter been turned in. Plus it doesn't show any game use at all it actually shines like its brand new. Lets just say hypethically Posada didnt use Pine tar, just from every day use of wear and putting it down throwing it into the cubby between innings would dull it and scuff it.

Here is something else I remembered, I dont remember the promoting company but, there was a big autogragh signing years ago in the mid 90's where the promoter actually ordered the actual game issued yankees helmets to be autographed for the show. I know he had an order for Jeter and for Posada and I believe a few others. This might have been one of those that did not get signed that surfaced.

The seller actually listed his left overs of Jeter a few months ago on ebay. These helmets are exactly like the real ones but were intended only for autographs not actual game use.

another concern with this helmet is the fact that there is no number on the brim. has anyone ever seen a yankees game used batting helmet without a number on the brim?

Let me put an end to all these "magic Bullet theories". I consigned the helmet and bought it at Grey Flannel's December auction, and it is as good as gold. Call Shaun Mahoney at Steiner and ask him... I am at work now and don't have time to explain but will post additional info later

magic bullet theories?????

here are the facts:

the loa states that it is a 2002 helmet.
    the auction states that it is a 1995/1996 helmet.
    jorge did not wear number 20 in 1995/1996.
    the helmet does not show any of jorges use characeristics.
    the 20 on the back is the wrong font.
    there is no 20 on the brim.

sure, the helmet came from the yankees clubhouse, but was it used by posada?