Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ebay bidders! Stop the insanity!

Stop bidding up things that I want to buy cheaply days and hours before the auction ends......

This is killing me!

I feel better now, thank you..............

Re: ebay bidders! Stop the insanity!

Ha ha. Man, this kills me. I don't touch stuff until seconds before an auction's end. There's just no sense to it. It just drives the price up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Stop bidding up things that I want to buy cheaply days and hours before the auction ends......

This is killing me!

I feel better now, thank you..............
    Ignore this post

<-----has stuff on eBay

No joke! People dont understand that they will get the item cheaper if they hold off and bid on the item about the time it ends. Its annoying. I notice that happens with Zanes bats a lot. Usually has a 10 day auction. With 9 days left, the item is at $150. Makes no sense.

what people on ebay don't seem to understand is that the WINNER is the person with the highest bid at THE END of an auction. there are no points awarded to the person who was the leading bidder for 4 out of the 7 days an auction was listed for.

mark

I enjoy it as a seller when I have multiple items with a starting price and a BIN & people get in bidding wars that go higher than the BIN. I don't understand that one!

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    what people on ebay don't seem to understand is that the WINNER is the person with the highest bid at THE END of an auction. there are no points awarded to the person who was the leading bidder for 4 out of the 7 days an auction was listed for.

mark
    +1 well said!

My Favorite...

Is the bidder who bids days before an auctions ends and then for good measure places an additional higher bid right away...As if to say "sorry guys auction over"..."I have two serious bids on this auction and you do not want to test me"....It always ends up being like $30 higher than the posted bid...I too cannot see the reason of bidding any earlier than a few minutes before the auction ends.

Jay

Re: My Favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by jayt1234 View Post
    I too cannot see the reason of bidding any earlier than a few minutes before the auction ends.

Jay
    Sometimes it helps to show the seller that there is interest in an item. Otherwise the item may be ended early for fear of low final selling price or for private sale
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Well I have a few reasons for bidding early.

1. I know the buy it now does not automatically go away anymore like it used to once the first bid was made but I did it to make that go away so an impulse buyer couldnt take an item away from me that I was watching.

2. Sometimes items are price high enough of an opening bid to where that may or may not be the only bid that is made and on that item. For example the guy who I buy most my Braves game used items from prices his jerseys at $99.99 I have noticed if I bid on them I normally win them for opening bid. If I do not bid somone else bids on it for that price than I notice I really dont want to bid any higher than the opening bid so I shy away from it.

3. Also bidding the minium is my way to "watch" an item rather than clicking watch this item.

4. Sometimes when I am exployering ebay I find something that if I can win for basically the opening bid I will throw a bid out there and if I come back and in a few days I won something for very cheap it is a pleasant surprize. I have countless items that I was like oh cool I won an item i bid on 6 days ago, for good prices.