Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Anybody heard of ebay seller madison7798?

He sells a lot of nice stuff at some good prices. Everything has reputable COA, but just curious. Bought a Matt Ryan autographed Falcons helmet from him w/ Falcons team COA, but just thought I'd throw it out to the forum of experts! Thanks in advance for your insight.

http://stores.ebay.com/madison7798

Re: Anybody heard of ebay seller madison7798?

Anybody? Anyone able to post some insight by looking at his website...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Anybody? Anyone able to post some insight by looking at his website...
    Other than free advertising for this seller's eBay listings, I am not sure what you are asking.

Anyone can see this seller appears to sell authenticated memorabilia. They have a feedback rating of only 618 since 2000, so they have not been very active on eBay. Their Detailed Seller Ratings are fine, with 245 responses.

So, what did you want anyone to tell you about this seller you couldn't find from their feedback or does this seller just want free publicity to their listings? There are a lot of sellers on eBay, maybe they should all come on here and have someone ask about their listings so their auction get more views.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Other than free advertising for this seller's eBay listings, I am not sure what you are asking.

Anyone can see this seller appears to sell authenticated memorabilia. They have a feedback rating of only 618 since 2000, so they have not been very active on eBay. Their Detailed Seller Ratings are fine, with 245 responses.

So, what did you want anyone to tell you about this seller you couldn't find from their feedback or does this seller just want free publicity to their listings? There are a lot of sellers on eBay, maybe they should all come on here and have someone ask about their listings so their auction get more views.

Yikes, I'd feel bad if none of that was the case. Or some youngster just wanting to check up on things. Im not saying it is or isnt, but come on, lets lighten up on people, because we dont know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post

So, what did you want anyone to tell you about this seller you couldn't find from their feedback
    Anybody with the slightest bit of intelligence knows that ebay feedback is a joke. It is very important for people to do their own research on ebay items, which might include asking for help from a board full of people who may have a great deal of experience/insight/expertise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Made in Motown View Post
    Anybody with the slightest bit of intelligence knows that ebay feedback is a joke. It is very important for people to do their own research on ebay items, which might include asking for help from a board full of people who may have a great deal of experience/insight/expertise.
    Sorry, just looks like someone hyping an eBay seller to me.

eBay feedback is pretty straightforward and seeing everything certified looks good to me. As a buyer, PayPal protects you, so there should be no issues.

By the way, I did place a bid on one of the seller's items.

You did it again, Joel. Congrats.

I AM ebay seller madison7798 !

Morning Gents.

Not sure the last time I was ever a topic of conversation - maybe when I was born...but its kinda nice - so thank you Falcon.

Joel - thank you for your words.

As for who I am - I am an Aussie 'dude' that moved here in '92, have a family in NJ and have worked at the same job ( recruiter ) in NYC since '93. Foreign born yes, any less legit - no.

My collection started about 10 years - but yes, I only started selling 12 mths ago - Why? - My wife, the economy, space...u name it.

I have a varied collection from most sports - because I like ALL sports. I'd say 95% of collection come from Steiner, UD, Mounted Memories, James Spence, Schwartz & PSA DNA - all with COA's & holograms.

The remaining 5% come from a few abstract places ( charities, live auctions, the sort ) which have LOA's but no holograms....sometimes its the cheapest way to find bargains.

Falcon - pls dont think that I have the smarts, or the time, to fabricate items with LOA's...I have a job and two kids, I'm lucky to sleep 6 hrs a nite LOL.

I started to sell 12 mths ago - and pride myself on being as honest as I can - and communicate as much as I can with everyone. Falcon - I gave you a Lifetime Guarantee mate - I'm not a business....I'm a guy trying to make a few extra bucks out if his attic at 10pm at nite - not sure what else I could have done for you.

As for accepting lower offers mate - its ebay, not a retail store - I told you that as long as I show a profit I'm fine - not in this game to rip anyone off.

In my day job - references are all the rage - not sure if the Memorabilia Biz has the same - but I have the Steiner Manager & the SAE at UD that would vouch for me I think.

So gentleman - thanks for hearing me out - have a great week even if Wall St keeps tumbling over - and enjoy this hobby of ours.........Simon

Hey, Falcon, I don't know if you're still around after your rough treatment in this thread, but stick around. You'll learn to ignore some people, and you'll also find yourself reading threads that hold no personal interest to you, just because you'll be impressed with the person posting (Ex: Aeneas, or however he spells it.)

As for your original question, if anyone actually remembers it, NO, it is not uncommon for a seller to have items with many different COAs or even none. I have been collecting autos for almost 20 years, and I couldn't even count the number of different places I've bought items. Most of my items have no paperwork, as I've either gotten them in person or the mail. Many have no COAs because they didn't exist in any legitimate form 10 years back.

Unfortunately, you are going to have to learn by trial and error. We can all give you our personal favorites, but I'm sure EVERYBODY that sells auto's has someone with a bad opinion out there. So stay away from Coach's corner and everyone involved with them, don't believe JSA and PSA are infallible, find the nearly-universally liked sellers (Stinson, Keating, Altman, plus some others), and finally: EXPECT TO GET BURNED! You will, we all did. This is why nobody in their right mind starts off buying Babe Ruth autos.

My advice would be to pick one area you like best. (Packers, or Negro Leaguers, or Jewish Players, or whatever.) Then, watch as much as possible -- this is what makes ebay really great. You'll learn to spot the bad yourself.

Good luck, and have fun.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Earlywynnfan: Thanks for the kind words and info...Yes, I do still check out this forum because it is very interesting to me, obviously there's a lot I can learn from it, and most importantly, I'm trying to learn this hobby and this seems to be one of the best sources out there. Again, thanks again for the feedback.

I'd also like to mention that I kept the Matt Ryan helmet I bought from madison7798 (Simon) and LOVE IT! Also want to mention that he answered all of my questions and was very swift, patient and courtious doing so as well. Simon, hope you didn't take any offense to all my questions...just want to make sure I know everything about the item I'm purchasing. In fact, a lot of the questions I asked you are things I learned to ask from reading these forums.

Anyway, for what it's worth, my dealings w/ Simon were great and I encourage anyone to do business with him as he seems to be a real stand up guy.

Kyle