Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Incoming Items from Shea

Quote Originally Posted by MRMusial View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the seat company has 15 days to remove the seats but it'll be 2 to 3 months before we see them. Per Mets.com:

Yes that's correct. However MeiGray has 15 days to remove their items too from what i was told.

I've got a National League Stool from the Visitors Clubhouse as well as a piece of the facade inside the Stadium which includes Casey, Robin Ventura and Jesse Orosco.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice pickup! Those facades with the photos are great looking.

http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/...3339254&type=L

Looks like the items that didn't sell during the premiere club sale finally made it to MLB auctions.

At least one of the items, the proper id required at this point sign is selling at $50 above the initial asking price at this point.

Will be interesting to see how much this memorabilia goes on the open market.

David

Post Re: Incoming Items from Shea

These became available late this morning on MLB.com auctions too.

Original Outfield Wall Brick
    http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/...aunbr=98999742

Stadium Brick
    http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/...aunbr=98999749
    Attached Images Attached Images  

http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/...aunbr=98856609

This sign was offered thru the premier club for $75.

http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/...aunbr=98856593

The ketchup and mustard holders offered thru the premier club for $125.

David

I noticed that in the auction description for the holder and sign it states each item is one of a kind. No wonder the bids are higher. Now anyone in their right mind would know there are much more than one ketchup holder in the Stadium.

This is truly misleading and may be leading to the higher bids in my opinion.

David

After pleading with my wife since they announced the seat sale, I just ordered the Green seats...where my father used to have season tickets

very excited... will go great with my grass from the 86 pennant.

David,

I think you took the one-of-a-kind clause out of context.

This is the ketchup and mustard holder description:

"This item hung in Shea Stadium during the 2008 season, the Mets' final season at Shea. This ketchup and mustard holder was located at the Midtown Express on the Mezzanine level on the third base side."

I don't think anybody would reasonably conclude that this is the only ketchup and mustard holder. What you are referring to, and what I believe you took out of context in my opinion, is the disclaimer phrase after the auction, a phrase which is listed after every auction item.

"Each item is one-of-a-kind, as is, as it stands in Shea. If for any reason your item is unable to be removed from Shea, or inadvertently destroyed during dismantling, you will receive a full refund."

This disclaimer is to remind bidders that in the event any individual item, like this ketchup and mustard holder, is damaged/destroyed or unable to be retrieved, the winning bidder will get a full refund. Of course, in the case of a ketchup and mustard holder, we could offer a winning bidder another one (if available) in the event this item got damaged or destroyed. But in cases where there is only one item (like the huge Dunkin Donuts cup in the LF bullpen), if that item were to be damaged or destroyed, there would be no way to replace it.

That was the purpose of the clause.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by BarryMeisel View Post
    David,

I think you took the one-of-a-kind clause out of context.

This is the ketchup and mustard holder description:

"This item hung in Shea Stadium during the 2008 season, the Mets' final season at Shea. This ketchup and mustard holder was located at the Midtown Express on the Mezzanine level on the third base side."

I don't think anybody would reasonably conclude that this is the only ketchup and mustard holder. What you are referring to, and what I believe you took out of context in my opinion, is the disclaimer phrase after the auction, a phrase which is listed after every auction item.

"Each item is one-of-a-kind, as is, as it stands in Shea. If for any reason your item is unable to be removed from Shea, or inadvertently destroyed during dismantling, you will receive a full refund."

This disclaimer is to remind bidders that in the event any individual item, like this ketchup and mustard holder, is damaged/destroyed or unable to be retrieved, the winning bidder will get a full refund. Of course, in the case of a ketchup and mustard holder, we could offer a winning bidder another one (if available) in the event this item got damaged or destroyed. But in cases where there is only one item (like the huge Dunkin Donuts cup in the LF bullpen), if that item were to be damaged or destroyed, there would be no way to replace it.

That was the purpose of the clause.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Barry
    Barry,

Thanks for the clarification. If you put it into that context with the disclaimer then yes it can be said it is one of a kind be virture that it was the only one at that location.

That said, I picked up my ketchup/mustard holder yesterday and though it had the MLB holgram, which by the way I cannot find yet on the MLB site, it did not have the sticker which indicated which part of the ball park it came from. Most of my other items have an additional white sticker which printed the location the item was taken from (ie 1st base side).

When the MLB site is updated with the Shea holograms will I expect to see this info in the description too?

Thanks,

-David